Johnny sponsored by Diamond?

ososlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am watching the ACCU-STATS steam and Mr Archer is sporting a Diamond patch on his back. :thumbup:

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know?

Only Johnny & the folks at Diamond know for sure. Patches are given out to players like candy. Players get anything from a few bucks to free product for wearing patches.

Personally I don't give a 2nd thought when I see a player wearing a patch. When you see a picture of a player in the advertisement for a billiard product in one of the magazines, that is a sponsorship. Take a look, there aren't many of those in the pool magazines but the patches are a dime a dozen.

The patches are a way for the player to get a little jelly and the company to get some exposure at a considerably cheaper rate than normal advertising costs.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I was told by Sunny Griffin is that if a player has a Diamond patch they have recieved a Diamond table from Diamond. I tried to get one of those patch's and this is what she told me. They only get them if Diamond gives them a table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am watching the ACCU-STATS steam and Mr Archer is sporting a Diamond patch on his back. :thumbup:

Yes, Johnny has a Diamond ProAm 9ft pool table in his poolroom, and because of that he supports Diamonds tables & efforts to promote pool, no different than John Schmidt, SVB, Cory Deuel, Chris Bartram and several other Pro's...but Diamond does NOT pay Pro's to endorse their pool tables, as is the tables are more on loan to them to practice on as they're not required to purchase them in order to have them on hand to play on.

Glen