WPC 9Ball Qatar Arena

ApoDra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has to be the ugliest place I ever seen.
You don't see any people watching the matches, there is no Lights...
They have presented Pool like it is beeing held in a fricking basement or a Jail...
This is the worst image for pool.
I don't think that anyone who is not involved with pool has any chanse to watch this on his TV.
Just Compare the Pictures now and then....

WPC 2013
WPC2013.jpg
[/url] screen grab[/IMG]

WPC 2006
06_WLDPOOL_RD2_GEN_VIEW4.jpg
[/url] taking a screen shot[/IMG]

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
It's different, but I was going to say I think it's kind of cool. There seems to be a large crowd based on applause, but I like the darker surroundings with the table illuminated almost like a poolroom. I think it could be tweaked like say have the house lights up for intros etc and then turn them down. It's not a matchroom presentation, but I like it in it's own way.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member

dude, this is in Manila. there's no better place to watch a pool tournament than in PI. :thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish somebody would post up that YouTube with Ralf Souquet's remarks about him coming in second place to Ronnie Alcano in the WPC in Philippines. The crowd's reaction was priceless. Love that video clip of the humbleness of Ralf and the joy of the Filipino people. :)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

dude, this is in Manila. there's no better place to watch a pool tournament than in PI. :thumbup:

Qatar is in Manila now? Must have been a major tectonic plate shift with an ass kicking tsunami overnight. :D

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
I wish somebody would post up that YouTube with Ralf Souquet's remarks about him coming in second place to Ronnie Alcano in the WPC in Philippines. The crowd's reaction was priceless. Love that video clip of the humbleness of Ralf and the joy of the Filipino people. :)

I was there. Ralf cried because he wanted to win so bad. He lost, but everyone appreciated his effort and gave him all the respect he deserved. For me, Ralf is the epitome of a real gentleman and true champion.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there. Ralf cried because he wanted to win so bad. He lost, but everyone appreciated his effort and gave him all the respect he deserved. For me, Ralf is the epitome of a real gentleman and true champion.

I agree. That was so heart-warming. I'm going to see if I can find that on YouTube and post it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, I found it. Each time I see it, I cry happy tears.

Fast forward to the Counter 01:32:32 and see it for yourself. Beautiful! ---> HERE :smiling-heart:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it when the audience starts chanting loudly: Souquet, Souquet, Souquet! Wow!

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
I remember Ralf saying that his ultimate dream was to be a champion in the Philippines. Although he lost to Ronnie in 2006, he won the World Pool Masters in 2012 which was held here in Manila. And so he did it. :smile:

Reactions: JAM

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, I found it. Each time I see it, I cry happy tears.

Fast forward to the Counter 01:32:32 and see it for yourself. Beautiful! ---> HERE :smiling-heart:

I've seen that match, but never stopped to watch the ending ceremony, that was beautiful!

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen that match, but never stopped to watch the ending ceremony, that was beautiful!

I agree. I think I can basically say it's one of my all-time favorite pool matches because of the audience interaction at the end. This is what makes pool special for me. :cool:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I take back what I said. This is the worst venue and location for a pool tournament. Not even enough enthusiam or follow through to broadcast/stream the damn finals.

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are details we could debate if the actual stream was on. Unfortunately I am watching a ridiculous show called sport.net. I assume they are talking about soccer and hand ball.