Bill Stroud fighting cancer

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, Bill is back in the hospital (Mayo in Phoenix) dealing with yet another round of cancer. Hopefully, there are many on here who share my concern for the pioneers in the industry living a long fulfilling life - to that end, my positive thoughts and prayers go out to Bill and his wife, Barbara.

Love him or hate him we should all acknowledge his talent and his desire to see cues and cuemaking better promoted . . . Get well, my friend.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So sorry Bill is going through this. Thanks for keeping us up to date. He is truly a legend of the cue building and collecting world.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill Stroud

Thanks for posting Paul.
Sorrowful news.. :(
Hope all goes well Bill.
If any positive reinforcement I can give,
I would tell you, you were a big influence and part in my Cue Cap life.
Even how I started.
No one made your ACME Threaded Joint Protectors.
That was my first "Cue Cap".
( My first cue was a Josswest 8 Point ;) )

I know, my opinion does not mean anything..
But....
I've been in Cue Caps for 28 years..
You guys see what I make..
I tell you, :)
Bill Stroud is a big part of the Cue Making World.
Bill has touched just about every cuemaker.
And, people have his innovations and don't even know it.

If anyone in the modern day should be highly respected for their contributions..
It is Bill "Josswest" Stroud

Hope all the Best for you Bill...
Alton Takata - CUE CAPS

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Cancer never has anybody in their corner.
Round two.....c’mon Billy

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What angers me to no end is too many persons I know, family and closest friends have fallen to cancer.
Former President Obama asked VP, Joe Biden, while in office to lead the initiative towards finding a cure.
Obviously, that was not able to be accomplished but just because of a change in administration, it’s still
needed so badly. Does any of us not know someone who has become afflicted with this terrible illness?
Let’s divert some money from so much wasteful gov’t spending. I mean our nat’l debt has skyrocketed so
spend $100, $200, $500 million or even a billion every year on finding a cure for cancer. That is worthwhile.

And goodness gracious, why mention anything about Bill other than compliments, thoughts & prayers.
Sadly, thoughts & prayers is abused In Washington, D.C. literally after every mass shooting over recent
decades. And it hasn’t helped a bit because gun shootings are actually worse than ever before in our history.

How about something more consequential & personal such his medical bills? Is he In need of any financial
assistance to cope with the cost of his medical treatment. My mom had cancer and so I know how very
expensive it can become. Tommy Hill’s son, T.J., is still battling with Leukemia two years after diagnosis.
Medical bills can crush you as I’m sure lots of readers know from firsthand experience. Bill might need help.

I never met Bill. I’ve owned a few of his cues & even exchanged a few PMs with Bill here on Az. IMO, he is
one of the best in his chosen craft, i.e., cue-making. Instead of thoughts and prayers, I’d prefer to send a $
donation to a Go Fund Me account if one was ever started. Like I said, dunno why I think so highly of a
person I have never even spoken with but pool cues are my one of my passions. Bill Stroud’s contributions
are not only tangible but have been inspirational to others. A close friend of Bill’s or a family member might
want to consider a Go Fund Me campaign on Bill’s behalf. We all can use help from time to time and just
maybe this is his moment. Regardless, I’ll still talk with my family angels in heaven every night asking for a
bit of help for Bill to beat his cancer and maybe some time in the future I’ll get to meet him & shake his hand.

Matt B.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I wish for a speedy and full recovery by Bill, who deserves many more years of one pocket play and enjoyment of life with his family.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, Bill is back in the hospital (Mayo in Phoenix) dealing with yet another round of cancer. Hopefully, there are many on here who share my concern for the pioneers in the industry living a long fulfilling life - to that end, my positive thoughts and prayers go out to Bill and his wife, Barbara.

Love him or hate him we should all acknowledge his talent and his desire to see cues and cuemaking better promoted . . . Get well, my friend.

Godspeed Mr. Stroud. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this fight.
Best regards.
Joe P.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Mayo Clinic Phoenix has a New Cancer Treatment Center, it is the best Hospital to be in in Arizona. Hope they can do their magic, and help Bill.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill is a true pioneer in the art of cue making.

Plus he’s a tough old cuss (and gentleman). I wish him well beating this.

Lou Figueroa

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just spoke to billy he is an out patient

he sounded so different i asked him if i could still get 8 to 4
he said"no chance"
he still matches up tight

his situation is unclear,but he is very lucid or at least i thought he was until he asked me
if i could get billy incardone to play him

at that point i had to explain i was unable to take half the action and changed the subject

it is hard battling these hazards,knowing what to say is awkward and i find it hard to say
i love you billy and so do a bunch of these hard nose pool players.

since i am a man's man and not a sensitive 90s man,i teared up seeing billy in a pickle
but tried not to show it

he did say i might get 8 to 4 next week,i might not like it

i told him if i saw him acting strong we might hve to adjust

can you imagine what the doctor was thinking if billy was on speaker phone?

if this conversation alone doesn't make you see why i keep trying to quit pool,
nothing will

i have survived the life,the road,the action ahead on the count,but somewhere along the line i became
less than i would like to have been. i meant to offer words of encouragement but i didn't have them
come up right

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Luck to Bill

Mr Stround, we thank your very much, for all the things you've added to us & our sport. My family will add you to our Prayer List, we wish you the Best...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers your way Bill. Men like yourself rarely lose. You can give life the nuts and out run them.

Much respect sir!!

Jeff