Rusty Melton Cases

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been trying to come up with a really good 1x2 case but it's still in the works. I like to sew the back panels on the cases instead of rivets but that limits me on the 1x2 because I can't fit my hand inside of the to sew the saddle stitch that closes up the back. The one Jimmy posted in the top of the thread is probably my best way of working around that but that has a few drawbacks of it's own.
Thanks for asking and if you have anymore questions just ask away.
Rusty

Thanks for your response. I ran a test the other day, having my girlfriend get my case out of the closet, load it in the car and eventually haul it into the bar. She never complained about the weight, only a fear of damaging such a beautiful case :)

This case has really grown on me. I'm curious what JB ordered from you, given his constant desire to study construction. I'm also happy that he lists his location as 'Earth' - for a few years I was concerned :p

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting! Has anyone thought about having some sort of dehydration pack in thier cases?
Storing wood over time needs to have the proper humidity so perhaps case makers could sew in a place to put one inside?
There is a company called Boveda and they make small packs that both humidify/dehumidify to a specific level. They make packs for cigars and to keep herbs dry and fresh.
They work fantastic! But they wouldnt work for wood with what they offer for relative humidity levels right now. Also perhaps maybe using the silicone dry packs that ship with everything? That would help suck out moister after you close up the case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk