Screw up photos.

Edenneil_james

Registered
Hello all! I would like to see some of your screw ups pics and what did u have to do to correct it if possible. I just thought it'd be interesting and maybe this could serve as a quick reference library for repairmen and cuemaker alike.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know the rules, when you start a thread like this you post your own pics first.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hello all! I would like to see some of your screw ups pics and what did u have to do to correct it if possible. I just thought it'd be interesting and maybe this could serve as a quick reference library for repairmen and cuemaker alike.

It’s been done before....search is pretty awesome....beats the Dewey decimal system anytime all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edenneil_james

Registered
It’s been done before....search is pretty awesome....beats the Dewey decimal system anytime all the time

Thank you for the tip. Mr. Grayghost. Most of the cue makers I've met in person are really laid back, humble, down to earth guys. For some behind computer/smartphone reason, this page, has got a lot of assholes in it. Most are unheard of "cue makers"'. Yeah, i can sense the "assholeness" in the comment. I've searched, coz i always see replies like this. Anyway, I'll just stay back and be a silent reader. Have a great day!!!

Reactions: JC

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member

Thank you for the tip. Mr. Grayghost. Most of the cue makers I've met in person are really laid back, humble, down to earth guys. For some behind computer/smartphone reason, this page, has got a lot of assholes in it. Most are unheard of "cue makers"'. Yeah, i can sense the "assholeness" in the comment. I've searched, coz i always see replies like this. Anyway, I'll just stay back and be a silent reader. Have a great day!!!

Don’t get upset with me when you just ask craftsmen to post their worst and as the first responder put out there....where’s yours?

If I were out of line you should have had plenty of follow up posts with pics but....you figured it best I guess to save face over your failed query by name calling.

Are you a teenager? Because I’d think only someone very young would ask such a question in such a way....”screwups”....could have asked

Title: I’ve never done this before please help”

“Hey guys total rube here I’m still learning do’s and do nots. What some good things to watch out for during builds, common mistakes or safety hazards that y’all wouldn’t mind sharing?

Always work under clean air conditions

Don’t forget to take the key out your chuck so you don’t sling it into the wall or your chest.

I don’t know how to make anything but I do build things from time to time.....which is all the time.

Yours truly,
-The Asshole

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t get upset with me when you just ask craftsmen to post their worst and as the first responder put out there....where’s yours?

If I were out of line you should have had plenty of follow up posts with pics but....you figured it best I guess to save face over your failed query by name calling.

Are you a teenager? Because I’d think only someone very young would ask such a question in such a way....”screwups”....could have asked

Title: I’ve never done this before please help”

“Hey guys total rube here I’m still learning do’s and do nots. What some good things to watch out for during builds, common mistakes or safety hazards that y’all wouldn’t mind sharing?

Always work under clean air conditions

Don’t forget to take the key out your chuck so you don’t sling it into the wall or your chest.

I don’t know how to make anything but I do build things from time to time.....which is all the time.

Yours truly,
-The Asshole

If I took a photo of every screw up, I'd have a drawer full of SD cards

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
If I took a photo of every screw up, I'd have a drawer full of SD cards

Yup show me a man who doesn’t make mistakes...I’ll show you a guy who never gets off his ass!

Cuebuilding like any other high quality work is nothing more than an iso we make for doing our work. For all it’s kooky strangness Kershenbrocks book is nothing more than a long winded type of iso.

Learn everything you can about machine tool tech....practice on scrap. Track results. Always pay attention.

I can’t stress good breathing atmosphere as well.....some just don’t know....the chemicals, glued, finishes, epoxies and the like even some of the woods Can be long dangerous.

Another thing is your EYES.....woods with high silica content....the dust will bust you up like you wouldn’t believe. Just a speck in your eye and you’ll remember the date and time when it does.-

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must have taken it the wrong way.
Thought the OP was saying he never made a mistake and needed to learn how. ;)

Don't worry, it's natural for some of us. Gotta remember to take more pix.

smt

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who would ever take a photo of something that went wrong. I rarely take a photo of things that I make right. Would never waste my time taking a photo of something that was made wrong. The list to making things right is very short. Attention to detail. Plan in advance the days work. Plan the project, and stick to the plan. Don't practice something you don't know how to do, on a new project.
Neil