Rhea the new Chapter, without Gene

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without Gene is right, I don't think he would of OK'ed stepping up to play Joey Grey
Good luck tonight.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got that right........

Without Gene is right, I don't think he would of OK'ed stepping up to play Joey Grey
Good luck tonight.

I hope Rhea reads this.

When playing a player of Joeys caliber a player of Rheas ability can't ever get a big enough spot. if you don't get to shoot the spot does no good. If your always kicking at balls the slot does no good.

This lesson on her own though is very valuable. She has no back up and no extra money.

And Rhea, if you ever want to play someone like Joeys caliber again just send me the money your going to bet. I'll give it back to you like a Christmas present when we meet up again.

I would feel real confident giving you the 6 7 and the 8 wild playing 9 ball. If joey was giving you anything less it was pure stealing to say the least.

Just adding a little reality to to the post here.

Merry Christmas and good luck.

:smile:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night I made a mistake. But I learned a lesson from it. I played a very well known champion a $150 set with not enough weight for a fair chance but it did put me in my place and might get me a little more action while I am here. Anyway I have a match today with a strong local girl and the steak horse that backed joey gray against me last night will be steaking this lady tonight. From the gossip this match is going to be super tough both ways so I am going to have to give it my best go.

It seems you are still making mistakes matching up. On the road, it's much better to be an unknown than a known, and things like this thread don't help in that respect. When you get to a new town you start at the bottom and go up the ladder, you don't start at the top.

But that's OK, because I have a plan for you, and as Paul Newman would say, I wouldn't tell you to do it unless the payoff were phenomenal.

After you get done with your next match with the girl, you make arrangements to play Joey again, same spot, and you empty out....bet your whole roll.....Then sometime during the match, Joey will probaly have to go to the bathroom, you wait a few seconds, and, follow him in there.....then, whip it out and say, "Bet mine's bigger than yours!!"

Now this will go down as the best shark move of all time. If Joey can make a ball after that, I will have to start wondering about the lad. If nothing else you will prove that Joey is sharkproof!

dognit26

SHOOT THIS from 14,000 ft
Silver Member
It seems you are still making mistakes matching up. On the road, it's much better to be an unknown than a known, and things like this thread don't help in that respect. When you get to a new town you start at the bottom and go up the ladder, you don't start at the top.

But that's OK, because I have a plan for you, and as Paul Newman would say, I wouldn't tell you to do it unless the payoff were phenomenal.

After you get done with your next match with the girl, you make arrangements to play Joey again, same spot, and you empty out....bet your whole roll.....Then sometime during the match, Joey will probaly have to go to the bathroom, you wait a few seconds, and, follow him in there.....then, whip it out and say, "Bet mine's bigger than yours!!"

Now this will go down as the best shark move of all time. If Joey can make a ball after that, I will have to start wondering about the lad. If nothing else you will prove that Joey is sharkproof!

I believe you just proved that you are about 12 yrs old.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I believe you just proved that you are about 12 yrs old.

Nope, I think he just proved that a little comedic interlude is always welcome in just about any thread.

Hes trying to steal my job damnit.

Oh Oh, now I'm 12 too.

Seriously tho guys. It was funny and if someone were to pull that off, either Joey or who ever would be left laughing or they might hold left thumb in right hand and pee pants. It would be a funny move anyhow. I could just see a woman doing it. And if it didn't work, wow, what an ice breaker it would be.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
There isn't enough weight...

Last night I made a mistake. But I learned a lesson from it. I played a very well known champion a $150 set with not enough weight for a fair chance but it did put me in my place and might get me a little more action while I am here. Anyway I have a match today with a strong local girl and the steak horse that backed joey gray against me last night will be steaking this lady tonight. From the gossip this match is going to be super tough both ways so I am going to have to give it my best go.

If you were saying that you matched up with Joey Grey last night, there isn't enough weight to make it right. You have to be able to run out every time with the spot that you get to beat someone at our level. That's just the way it is. Someone who needs a lot of weight, can't get enough to guarantee that.

To put it into perspective, me and a friend used to give each other the six out alternating who would get the weight. There was no telling who would win which set. In other words the spot wasn't good for anything but a confidence boost.

Johannes Kohannenberg used to be living in the states and he was getting ready to match up for $500 and wanted to play me warming up for the match. Afterwards we were talking about weight. He started the conversation by saying that until we matched up playing snooker, he had no idea I could play that good (cause I don't gamble and rarely compete so many people have no idea how I can play). Then we started talking about weight at our level of play. We both agreed that ball spots just don't mean much at our level of play. It might be a 2 or 3 game swing in 20 games. The roll of the table and the way it breaks is a bigger swing than that.

When comparing really good players with lesser players there just isn't much you can get that makes it fair that most people are willing to give up. Sure, if you get 5 games on the wire in a race to 7 and the 4 or 5 out, it can make a difference, but good luck getting that weight. Either become a champion or find people of lesser skill to compete with. Trying to get weight with someone who isn't likely to miss an open shot but once every four or five racks is a losing proposition.

Jaden

p.s. I see that Gene came on and said pretty much the same thing....

Last edited:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, I think he just proved that a little comedic interlude is always welcome in just about any thread.

Hes trying to steal my job damnit.

Oh Oh, now I'm 12 too.

Seriously tho guys. It was funny and if someone were to pull that off, either Joey or who ever would be left laughing or they might hold left thumb in right hand and pee pants. It would be a funny move anyhow. I could just see a woman doing it. And if it didn't work, wow, what an ice breaker it would be.

Thanks, bro, for the backup.

I don't think everybody needs to know everybody else's business. But when a thread is started journaling one's self and at some point people become supporters in various ways. And certain questions have been raised on the subject, I think people should honestly address them. Maybe I am wrong and way off base.... it would be a great move though....

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
Absolutely Correct

I hope Rhea reads this.

When playing a player of Joeys caliber a player of Rheas ability can't ever get a big enough spot. if you don't get to shoot the spot does no good. If your always kicking at balls the slot does no good.

This lesson on her own though is very valuable. She has no back up and no extra money.

And Rhea, if you ever want to play someone like Joeys caliber again just send me the money your going to bet. I'll give it back to you like a Christmas present when we meet up again.

I would feel real confident giving you the 6 7 and the 8 wild playing 9 ball. If joey was giving you anything less it was pure stealing to say the least.

Just adding a little reality to to the post here.

Merry Christmas and good luck.

:smile:

Reah,

Gene is absolutely correct , you cant get enough weight to make a difference when matching up with a player of Joey's caliber.

If the spot thats offered is phenomanal , and too good to pass up , guess what you just got hooked. If he offers you world and the breaks its because he knows he can there giving up the weight

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There is always a spot that makes it gambling. But the old saying comes to mind that I might give you what you want but I won't ever give you what you need.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
There is always a spot that makes it gambling. But the old saying comes to mind that I might give you what you want but I won't ever give you what you need.

Words of wisdom I've never heard stated that way. A B player playing against pro speed will rarely, if ever, get enough weight.

Race to 9, 5 on the wire, 4 and out and the breaks - that might be fair.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have a plan B if this doesn't work out, like a job to go back to?

There are high level pros who are barely scraping by.

Good luck and be careful.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What a jackass!