Clean Chalk off Cue Tip before putting back in case?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't use anything moist on my cue. I wipe down the cue with a dry cloth before I put it away because I use talc. I don't touch the tip.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I clean 'em.

And yup, wipe 'em off on the carpet too. Where do you think they brush off 30 tables worth of chalk every single night? Not to mention the thousands of hours of chalk dust from "chalking", raining on the floors 24/7 365. Seriously people, this is a chalk business. ;) It's not an issue what so ever.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have a butterfly case so it makes it real easy to throw a couple micro fiber towels in there, one for wiping tips off, the other for wiping cue or hands. Been doing this since I started playing 3 1/2 years ago, I just can't imagine not cleaning chalk off before I put cues away.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Anyone know how to best remove chalk from the inside of the case?

I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it worked for me:

Bought 36" of clear, flexible 1/2" tubing and taped it to the suction hose of my shopvac. Drilled about 20 1/8" holes in the bottom one inch of the tubing. For the first pass I put tape over those holes so all the suction would be concentrated at the very bottom of the case. For the second pass I taped over the bottom of the tube so the suction would come from the 1/8" holes to clean the sides of the shaft tubes.

It won't win any Elegant Design Awards, but it works.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Am I the only person who puts the shafts in their case with the tips upward?

I also put the cue in the case with the joint down and the butt up.

What would happen if your shaft or butt got stuck in the case? Grab some pliers and wreck your ferrule or buttsleeve? If my shaft or butt gets stuck in the case, I just screw the cue together and yank it out. Hasn't happened yet, but if it does I don't need to worry.

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After many years of the same problem, I have these made to my specs. These work on 12.7- over 14. mm. I have some for the smaller shafts too.

My dealers are here below.

Dont wipe the chalk off! Why? When you do, it burnishes it too, you do this many times and it wears down tips. Burnish, scuff to take chalk, burnish, scuff, etc....

I was going through tips alot, especially when playing alot.

These will keep your case chalk free, and SAVE life on your tips!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=356914&highlight=savers

http://selectbilliards.com/product/tip-saver/

If you have any questions...you can PM me.

Bob B.

Last edited:

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would happen if your shaft or butt got stuck in the case? Grab some pliers and wreck your ferrule or buttsleeve? If my shaft or butt gets stuck in the case, I just screw the cue together and yank it out. Hasn't happened yet, but if it does I don't need to worry.
I have been putting my shafts in joint down/tip up for years and have never had any issues. Pliers:eek:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, what if there is some kind of krud or other in the carpet? Might not be good for your tip?

Like I said:
"Been doing it like that for more years than I care to remember and have never had a single problem with it. "