1890'S Bruns Narragansett

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently purchased a beautiful 1890's Narragansett, 9', 4 pc slate. Table plays good, but I'm having some issues with the pocket facings/cuts, causing the balls to kick out more than they should. The table is georgous, it deserves to play as well as it looks.
Is there someone in the AZB network that knows these tables well? I'd like to bend their ears about the issues.
Thanks for your consideration.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Recently purchased a beautiful 1890's Narragansett, 9', 4 pc slate. Table plays good, but I'm having some issues with the pocket facings/cuts, causing the balls to kick out more than they should. The table is georgous, it deserves to play as well as it looks.
Is there someone in the AZB network that knows these tables well? I'd like to bend their ears about the issues.
Thanks for your consideration.

Call Mark Gregory from Perfect Pocketz. He can fix your problem.
(770) 548-4292

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 888

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Took the advice....

So Mark Gregory's name seems to come up in every conversation about perfection
in older tables...including this thread I started several months back. I sent the rails
off to Mark 3 weeks ago, get them back on Friday.
I've learned a ton about these really old tables...namely - it's REALLY tough to get
them to play up to todays standards due to the construction techniques and specs
in the industry back at the turn of the century. I'll post finished pics when I get it all
installed again.

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Its only tough to make them play right if you don't understand how rails are built, or don't have the proper tools, or both. But Mark doesn't have that problem, your rails will be great.

Nice table you have there

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

Great table...

Contact Jerimy Chambers regarding your Antique Brunswick table, he has worked on all kinds of Brunswick tables, knows them all inside and out!

email jerimychambers@yahoo.com

Good Luck,

Joe

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables done!

I did have Mark Gregory do the rails...and have tried to upload pics of finished
product, to no avail as of yet.
Mark did an outstanding job on these rails! Corners were 5.1" when I shipped them off, with flat faces and wrong/differing angles on every pocket.
Mark was able to build a custom subrail, and bring the corners down to 4.30"
with all the correct angles, bevels and faces. New superspeed rails that actually fit the table properly.
I couldn't ask for better craftsmanship or attention to detail...I truly want to show off his results...but having trouble uploading pics....I'll keep trying.

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finished table/room

Promised pics - here they are (4 months later) Mark Gregory did a great job, and even got the pockets down to 4.25". Couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• finished pool room.jpg
    finished pool room.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 318
  • CORNER.jpg
    CORNER.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 320
  • SIDE.jpg
    SIDE.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 395