Tin Man Chalks up Another Big Win

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Tin Man as he chalked up another huge victory with a hill-hill thriller over John Morra at Turning Stone.

Let's root him on to a top finish at Turning Stone!!!

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure about that as it's just his username on here. Certainly can't be because of lack of heart as he displayed plenty of it in this last match.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure about that as it's just his username on here. Certainly can't be because of lack of heart as he displayed plenty of it in this last match.

It's a joke as it relates to pool and no heart.
He has used it on other forums.

I have never seen the guy have a lack of it
and I'm sure he has proven to himself that
he does not come up short that department.

I have been fortunate to play him several times
( even been able to win a few).

One thing is for sure, you dont count that guy out
until the last ball is down.

I wish him good luck and would love to see
him take this tournament down.

His dedication to the game is admirable.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good win. Enjoyed the match.

He had everyone guessing on that final rack, the shot on the 5-9....he took a while thinking about the shot, and even the booth was stumped. Then he gets down and fires in the 5ball—it had room to go the whole time.

Now the commentators speculated that it was a move to get Morra thinking. I hope Tin Man comes on here to give his thoughts on that final rack, in particular that 5 ball.
I don’t think he was deliberately trying to stall, I think he was worried about a scratch so he was looking at other avenues.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you

Thank you for the kind words and support gang! I was fortunate to get the opportunities I did but you have to take them when you get them.

The last rack was tough. The 5 did pass the 9 but it was very, very tight. Tight to the point I didn’t want to play shape for that shot, I was actually trying to stay a little higher on the balls so I could play the billiard on the 9 and bank the 5 up to the other end rail as a two way. Even if I had to go all in on the billiard I would’ve preferred that. Unfortunately I had to play the 4-7 combo and wasn’t able to control the angle I got on the 4 with confidence, ending up with a delicate transition which got a way from me a little.

From where I landed the billiard was still playable but it was very thin. The one positive is had I missed I would’ve thinned the 5 to the middle of the end rail and the cue ball may have caromed off the 9 and floated towards the middle of the table. But leaving a full ball hit from 3-4 feet away against Morra is not much of a safe so I had to go with the shot that yielded the highest make percentage. The billiard was just too thin. Shooting the 5 was tough and there was no assurance I’d get past the 9 for position but it seemed the right thing to do was just put total emphasis on cinching the ball. I was in no danger of being hooked and could’ve banked or ducked on the 6 if needed. I gave it my best shot and was able to put it down and wiggle off the 9 and 6 to come up with a shot.

There was no gamesmanship there for sure. I would never do that and any strategy that involves letting Morra back to the table is a poor one and would only distract from the task at hand.

Well, on to the next. Now I’ve got to try to capitalize on this. Dodged a tough bullet but from this point on all matches are tough. Whatever happens I’ll give it my best and have fun trying.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you lose next.

Goddammit! My younger daughter told me it is opposite day, then the older one said there's no such thing. Wtf?!

Go get um!! Give em a dose!!
:)

Thank you for the kind words and support gang! I was fortunate to get the opportunities I did but you have to take them when you get them.

The last rack was tough. The 5 did pass the 9 but it was very, very tight. Tight to the point I didn’t want to play shape for that shot, I was actually trying to stay a little higher on the balls so I could play the billiard on the 9 and bank the 5 up to the other end rail as a two way. Even if I had to go all in on the billiard I would’ve preferred that. Unfortunately I had to play the 4-7 combo and wasn’t able to control the angle I got on the 4 with confidence, ending up with a delicate transition which got a way from me a little.

From where I landed the billiard was still playable but it was very thin. The one positive is had I missed I would’ve thinned the 5 to the middle of the end rail and the cue ball may have caromed off the 9 and floated towards the middle of the table. But leaving a full ball hit from 3-4 feet away against Morra is not much of a safe so I had to go with the shot that yielded the highest make percentage. The billiard was just too thin. Shooting the 5 was tough and there was no assurance I’d get past the 9 for position but it seemed the right thing to do was just put total emphasis on cinching the ball. I was in no danger of being hooked and could’ve banked or ducked on the 6 if needed. I gave it my best shot and was able to put it down and wiggle off the 9 and 6 to come up with a shot.

There was no gamesmanship there for sure. I would never do that and any strategy that involves letting Morra back to the table is a poor one and would only distract from the task at hand.

Well, on to the next. Now I’ve got to try to capitalize on this. Dodged a tough bullet but from this point on all matches are tough. Whatever happens I’ll give it my best and have fun trying.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I hope you lose next.

Goddammit! My younger daughter told me it is opposite day, then the older one said there's no such thing. Wtf?!
:)

How about not posting until you get your facts straight. :thumbup:

Tin Man....way to go! You make the forum proud. Take 'em one at a time, but take 'em all.

Maniac

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great Win! BTW I took Tinman to mean heartless in the sense of showing no mercy as a competitor.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couldn't check the stream at work - damn sorry I missed this!

Congrats - will keep a lookout as it keeps going.

Edit: good news is it is still there. I cheated and went straight to the hill-hill break. Awesome! Will take the time to watch the rest later.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That was a pressure cooker for sure. I was holding my breath and watching from my phone so I can only imagine being in the moment, trying to maintain focus like that.

Thank you for the explanation--your compete answer shows you are a master at the game. I'll be there tomorrow and hope you see you continue on.
Well done.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Well, Demetrius, I hope you don’t make a habit of beating on Canucks....
...you and the Lion should be on the same team....:)

Great post