Silliest/craziest set up shots you've made money with

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is along the same lines as the "funny bangers" thread.....
Whats the craziest set up shots you've ever made money at??

When I was younger, I often made more money with small bets to bangers on crazy set ups...IE: the old classic of laying a cue across the table, and betting you can hit the cue ball under the cue w/o hitting it.
Or cue ball on long rail #2 spot, object on same long rail #5 spot, sink object ball in closest corner pocket.
Anyone have any crazy sets ups out there that they've actually won with??

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
also used to take an old, light piece of chalk, set it on top of ball upside down, hit cue 5 rails, contacting object ball w/o knocking off chalk.

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is one my older staples...make black ball in opposite corner w/o disturbing gray balls. Thanks for the table diagram!

setupshot.JPG

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
I use to shoot this shot all the time, you go rail first, the cue ball pops up, jumps over the 4 the spin curves the cue ball just enough to pocket the 1/9 combo, really neat shot I found by accident one time.. and it works.. a lil tricky to get enough side to curve it but its alot of fun..

CueTable Help

SPINDOKTOR

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
This one i get people for beers at bars,this is very high percentage on a bar table,make sure the balls are in a straight line,firm draw stroke and the 8 will go right in the pocket.

CueTable Help

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
This one is a push shot that is easily made but if done quickly looks impressive,just put the tip of the cue close to the left side of the cue ball and push through,it will throw the object ball right and into the pocket closest to the 8.

CueTable Help

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
another begginer shot, but great for the bangers. Make black ball in nearest corner.

Attachments

• setupshot.JPG
    setupshot.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 274

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is far and away the most productive set up I've ever done. Easily an80% garauntee for money against A players. Shooter starts from head spot, and pockets balls in their cooresponding closest pockets at the setters (my) discretion. Each of the six succesive shots are dictated by me. Cant scratch, cant touch more than one ball per shot. Obviously, if you dont get to the middle of the table after each shot, I'd simply tell you to make the most difficult shot, usually a side pocket. any one else seen this one?

setupshot.JPG

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
commswatch said:
this is one my older staples...make black ball in opposite corner w/o disturbing gray balls. Thanks for the table diagram!

View attachment 54779

Please edit your attachments so they are smaller. You are pushing the text outside the boundaries of the normal viewing pane, making people scroll back and forth to read text..

Thanks,

Russ

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member

CueTable Help

Heres one I made a few bucks with over the yrs. I ask for 3 tries to bank the ten cross corner without the cue ball hitting any rails.

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Silly Yes. Works Occassionally

I never did try to win any money off this shot, but have won quite a few drinks with it.

Put a ball in each pocket, cue ball can be anywhere on the table.

Bet someone that they can't pocket each ball without scratching. Most people never think about the cue ball being left on the table, can't make it without scratching.

Yes I know this is silly and a lil sneaky, LOL.

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
This one is pretty silly and basic, but it's usually good for a beer for the not so sober people.

Make the CB hit the 3 before it touches any other rail or ball.

CueTable Help

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Two almost frozen balls lined up to the tip of the pocket.
Make a banger shoot it. He doens't know about throw. He'll cut the front ball the wrong way.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
Two almost frozen balls lined up to the tip of the pocket.
Make a banger shoot it. He doens't know about throw. He'll cut the front ball the wrong way.

Oohhh, that's why I have been missing that shot...:rolleyes:

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
commswatch said:
This is far and away the most productive set up I've ever done. Easily an80% garauntee for money against A players. Shooter starts from head spot, and pockets balls in their cooresponding closest pockets at the setters (my) discretion. Each of the six succesive shots are dictated by me. Cant scratch, cant touch more than one ball per shot. Obviously, if you dont get to the middle of the table after each shot, I'd simply tell you to make the most difficult shot, usually a side pocket. any one else seen this one?

View attachment 54786

We used to do something like this at the bar but with two balls frozen lined up center pocket in every hole. See who can make all the balls in the least shots. Obviously if you use alot of draw and hit the balls square the first hit ball should follow forward and get pocketed too. Best I could do was 5 shots.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an old one, when playing eight ball. Soon after the break, while you are shooting, tell your opponent that you'll bet $20 (or whatever) that they won't get another shot this game. If they bet, then you just shoot the eight ball in. Of course you wait to do this when you have an easy shot on the eight.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CueTable Help

Slightly different variation of the six balls in the pocket game. Shooter must shoot the ball selected by the game maker. Shooter may pocket more than one ball at a time as long as selected ball is contacted first. Nine shots total are allowed. After making 1st six shooter is to break from cueball position.