Day 2 PPV live stream Matches
purchase your ppv pass for single day or entire tournament at

www.worldstraightpool.com

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 11.27.42 AM.png

14.jpg

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Pretty accurate statement especially when a lot of the problem is the wifi not being shut off to the public during events, You know how many people are sapping that connection when that place is packed which it usually is,

Damn shame too. 9 ball bores the hell out of me. I look forward to a good straight pool match, but I tried, I hoped I could purchase additional days, but it didn't work for me. It flowed fine for a good while, then froze, sped up like the keystone cops, froze with audio only, then caught up again.

Gotta be making Al nuts too if it's still doing that. Maybe I'll try once more later on depending on more feedback from viewers. Maybe they will smarten up and disable the wi fi.

tmickle

Registered
Bad Stream

The announcer said that they disable the WiFi but apparently it didn't help. I had exactly the same problem as you described.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
very hard to watch tonight -- frequent freezes for a minute or more, just when something critical was happening!

not on my end: speedtest -- run During one of the long freezes -- shows me as exactly where it always is, should be totally loafing even at 1080p video rates.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The announcer said that they disable the WiFi but apparently it didn't help. I had exactly the same problem as you described.

Yes, apparentlly wifi for the room was disabled early in the 7pm match this evening, and they rebooted the whole system, but problems persisted.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, apparentlly wifi for the room was disabled early in the 7pm match this evening, and they rebooted the whole system, but problems persisted.

Next they will probably find out the jukebox connects to the WiFi. Amateur hour. Same thing every year there. Glad ya'll are being guinea pigs, hopefully it will all be worked out by the semi's.:sorry:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

90% of the streams from steinway are unwatchable. They lowered the quality so far on this one that when it works you cant even tell which is the cueball. They have had 3-4 years to improve the situation but nope-not doing that!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Next they will probably find out the jukebox connects to the WiFi. Amateur hour. Same thing every year there. Glad ya'll are being guinea pigs, hopefully it will all be worked out by the semi's.:sorry:

I'm a repeat guinea pig. Yes, the streaming problems are frustrating, particularly since I'm trying to keep accurate statistics on each match. But I've missed only a couple of really critical moments; the good far outweighs the bad. In the first two days I've watched matches involving Harriman, Schmidt, Archer, Strickland, Appleton, Shaw, Hohmann, Lo Li-Wen (he's a contender!), Van Boening, and Immonen. How could any fan of straight pool not enjoy that!