SVB cheating? Shaw/SVB Derby 9 Ball

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as I'm a big fan of Jayson. He's off base here.
The last 3 racks Shane made the wing ball. I watched him do that to Jayson in the finals of Turning Stone 28 and Jayson was racking.

Shane just knows how to break from the box.

Now if Shane sank 3 9 balls in a row and intentionally left gaps in the back of the rack in order to do so, then that's a different story.

But making the wing ball and running out 8 balls in 3 consecutive racks is not cheating.

Does Jayson think even with an accu rack/magic rack Shane wouldn't be making the wing ball??

I mentioned this in the other thread, but look at how differently they were breaking.

Shaw was soft breaking, and Shane was hitting them hard and square.

pampi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need to see the pictures when shaw was taking it at rack 9 or 10. Then we cross exam.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mentioned this in the other thread, but look at how differently they were breaking.

Shaw was soft breaking, and Shane was hitting them hard and square.

Exactly. I noticed these top breakers will adjust to the table, if they are hitting hard and the wing ball is catching the side rail, they will either adjust spot of cue ball on the next break, or go to a softer break with the cue on the same spot and lead to sinking the wing ball.

Shane knows this. Shaw knows this. Shane made the proper adjustments.

So let's all just step back and realize Shaw knew that Shane figured the break out and the match was over (as it was during the finals of Turning Stone 28, same scenario, wooden rack, break from the box, but with Shaw racking...Shane figured it out and dropped a huge package on Shaw).

BeiberLvr, you noted the observation that Shaw looked a little rough appearance wise and maybe had a late night or two (as he has in past Derby's)....

So is this possible just a move by Shaw, who knew it was lost, just trying to get under Shane's skin so the next time they play there will be an air of tension (of which we've seen Shane not play to his best when that is so).

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was just the better player in this match, end of story. He played smarter and his breaks were superior. His safe play was also better. Shaw was just miffed that he got it handed to him.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need to see the pictures when shaw was taking it at rack 9 or 10. Then we cross exam.

You don't really think he will make the public, do you?!

Hard enough to discern gaps when you're standing over the rack, much less taking a picture in anger.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't really think he will make the public, do you?!

Hard enough to discern gaps when you're standing over the rack, much less taking a picture in anger.
I am convinced the pic taking was simply a sharking maneuver, not to evidence any real issue with the rack

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

Who did this...someone sent it to me from FB :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 2,025

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They all do it. That’s the only you can win a 9 ball tournament is to make the corner ball and get straight in in one ball. Shane isn’t doing anything that 20 other players are doing. 9 ball is way too much luck and it’s all just racking, you don’t need a good break you just need to know where to leave gaps & where to make them tight. 9 ball shouldn’t be played at high level it should be 10 ball, call shot, on really tight pockets. You can take the 2,000th best player in the world & he will rob the #1 player in the world if breaks better playing 9 ball it’s stupid game really.

jacob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am fairly certain that in this match a plastic diamond rack was being used.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw's accent sounds very similar to Ringo Starr. He quit and got a ticket to ride.

pampi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They all do it. That’s the only you can win a 9 ball tournament is to make the corner ball and get straight in in one ball. Shane isn’t doing anything that 20 other players are doing. 9 ball is way too much luck and it’s all just racking, you don’t need a good break you just need to know where to leave gaps & where to make them tight. 9 ball shouldn’t be played at high level it should be 10 ball, call shot, on really tight pockets. You can take the 2,000th best player in the world & he will rob the #1 player in the world if breaks better playing 9 ball it’s stupid game really.

Indeed, couldn't agree more!!!

pampi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not completely sure why you would respond that way.

You know very well that your comment was intended to be inflammatory and divisive. It only told a very small part of the story.

Oh, wait... I just figured out why.. Because you post stuff like that all the time.

You look like you the one post like this all the time. Congrats you've done it again.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Congrats on your fine play at DCC this year, Justin -- 9th/13th in Banks, 2nd in 1-Pocket, and 14th/19th in 9-Ball. And you took second to Bustamante in the all-around race, right?

Last edited: