Slight wobble on my new cue, what would you do?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my apologies, I used the wrong nomenclature I'm not a cue maker I'm just a guy that enjoys pool and thought he knew what he was talking about. They didn't turn down the shaft it was a partial collarless shaft. All they did is put a collar on it to match the butt that I had them make.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My bad I worded it in a confusing way. I took it as a given that you where talking about a partial shaft. What interests me is; did Schmelke reduce the tip diameter from the initial 12.5mm or did they leave it as they got it and just installed the shaft collar, thread and finish the shaft for you?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My bad I worded it in a confusing way. I took it as a given that you where talking about a partial shaft. What interests me is; did Schmelke reduce the tip diameter from the initial 12.5mm or did they leave it as they got it and just installed the shaft collar, thread and finish the shaft for you?

No, it's my fault, now I need to go back and tell everyone that replied with their opinion that it is actually a collarless/partial shaft, not a blank as I mistakenly said. Too bad AZB doesn't have a multi-quote feature.

But to answer your question, no they did not turn it other than where they added the collar. The shaft is the original diameter which I believe you're right, 12.5mm.

Here is the cue in question.

8ulN3mW.jpg

j3NXQN9.jpg

m6jMpE5.jpg

uO8bVuF.jpg

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't disagree.

But it was a shaft blank turned by Schmelke.

To me, that puts it in Schmelke's lap to fix this.

The shaft blank was not shipped to the end user, it was shipped directly to Schmelke.

Schmelke then finished the shaft.

For the end user to return the shaft to Meucci does not make sense.

You cannot return to the sender that which did not come to you.

Doing it this way created a complication for sure.

I'm trying to make good and tell everyone that read what I wrote that it is a collarless/partial shaft, not a blank as I mistakenly said.
My bad.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, since you said that you did not get a shaft but rather a blank I am not so sure who would be responsible. This might be debatable. Either the blank wood was not good enough (Meucci's problem) or the way Schmelke produced the shaft from the blank was not totally perfect (Schmelke's problem). Another reason why I would never order from 2 companies. Chances are, none of the 2 will admit responsibility in this case.

But since that wobble isn't all that bad from what I read I would just live with it. My Black Dot wasn't perfect either and I played it for many years and never noticed a difference to a theoretically perfect shaft. Even if you can't completely straighten the shaft, it is going to play nicely if nothing else is missing.

I'm trying to make good and tell everyone that read what I wrote that it is a collarless/partial shaft, not a blank as I mistakenly said.
My bad.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is like watching the Mission Impossible .
Did not expect that twist and another one .

How thick was the blank before it was turned ?

Then again, why would you have bothered ordering a Meucci ?
Schmelke could have made the same shaft .
There is no secret to Meucci's " low deflection".
Soft ferrule with a gap under the cap.

They didn't turn it, I'm trying to make good and tell everyone that read what I wrote that it is a collarless/partial shaft, not a blank as I mistakenly said.
My bad.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Warned?

Maybe, maybe not.

The blank was shipped directly to Schmelke. One would assume a major cue maker knows about turning shafts from the raw lumber or a provided blank.

And it wasn't bought from Meucci, it was bought from Budget.

I have searched a little and cannot find any dimensions of a Meucci Pro blank.

We don't know what work went into the shaft at Schmelke. I don't think we have to. They made the cue and shipped it to the buyer. It goes back to them.

Indeed how this was done introduces a complication. But that's how I see it.

Neither Meucci nor Budget shipped anything to the buyer, hence the buyer cannot return anything to either one of them.

Might seem like semantics, but that is the way I see it.

If Schmelke has an issue with the Meucci materials, they need to take that up with Budget and/or Meucci as they accepted the part(s) for installation from them, not from the customer.

I'm trying to make good and tell everyone that read what I wrote that it is a collarless/partial shaft, not a blank as I mistakenly said. So Schmelke didn't turn it other than where the collar went.
My bad.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks that cleared up alot. Could you show us how much of a wobble your shaft has?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks that cleared up alot. Could you show us how much of a wobble your shaft has?
I can post a pic in a few hours. It will be the 2nd time only I will roll it, so with any luck it straightened itself out.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm trying to make good and tell everyone that read what I wrote that it is a collarless/partial shaft, not a blank as I mistakenly said. So Schmelke didn't turn it other than where the collar went.
My bad.

I see.

Thanks for clarifying it.

I still say the same as I did before.

If you want it taken care of it goes back to Schmelke.

They are the cue maker. They put it in a lathe. What operations they did are not what concerns me.

Obviously if they had reduced the diameter a lot or extended the taper a lot that would be an increased risk that the shaft would bend.

But in any case, they had it in the lathe. They created the final product.

I don't like it. But that's still how I see it.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sorry for the lack of quality and I am mobile on Tapatalk so I hope this works. The camera goes in/out of focus as I roll it.

The good news is this is the 2nd time I've rolled it since I first did 4 weeks ago. It does look to have gotten better so I am assuming it got a little heat/humidity in shipping and now that it's in my controlled environment house for over 5 weeks now it has straightened up a bit.

Thanks to all who answered but I am closing this discussion.

It is what it is.

Vp94tAA.gif

https://i.imgur.com/XVb6OxX.gifv

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It does look to have gotten better so I am assuming it got a little heat/humidity in shipping and now that it's in my controlled environment hose for over 5 weeks now it has straightened up a bit.

Thanks to all who answered but I am closing this discussion.

Believe only the mods can close a discussion. Here was my original response to this drama:

"Suggest you put both butt and shaft in a good case, and put the case in a cool closet upright. Then play the cue now and then.

You can't imagine how many cues and shafts I thought had a bit of wobble, that turned straight, by doing this, over time.

Not a guarantee, just experience.

All the best,
WW"

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe only the mods can close a discussion. Here was my original response to this drama:

"Suggest you put both butt and shaft in a good case, and put the case in a cool closet upright. Then play the cue now and then.

You can't imagine how many cues and shafts I thought had a bit of wobble, that turned straight, by doing this, over time.

Not a guarantee, just experience.

All the best,
WW"
Yeah I know, I mean I've mentally closed it.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
So to appease some (more like one) user who's initials rhyme with WW, I wanted to make this very clear. [/COLOR][/B]

Maybe too, you might want to think a bit, when you started this drama, to call out a specific member, who gave you advice in the first place, by editing your OP.

Just a bit of advice.

All the best,
WW

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe too, you might want to think a bit, when you started this drama, to call out a specific member, who gave you advice in the first place, by editing your OP.

Just a bit of advice.

All the best,
WW
Wow, lemme guess, you are a drinker and it's about this time of night you have a tooner going. Pro tip, nobody likes a cranky drunk. It was about this time last night you got all preachy and misconstrued the whole situation.

Seriously, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

I started a simple question post that got a LOT of replies and it built off of that. There was no drama, none what so ever. If you think what I said at all in ANY of my replies is drama you are either A) delirious or B) a internet troll that is trying to get a rise out of me.

You were the only unfair individual that read completely between the lines and missed my whole point completely.

You are a class-ass!

Good day to you.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Wow, lemme guess, you are a drinker and it's about this time of night you have a tooner going. Pro tip, nobody likes a cranky drunk. It was about this time last night you got all preachy and misconstrued the whole situation.

Seriously, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

I started a simple question post that got a LOT of replies and it built off of that. There was no drama, none what so ever. If you think what I said at all in ANY of my replies is drama you are either A) delirious or B) a internet troll that is trying to get a rise out of me.

You were the only unfair individual that read completely between the lines and missed my whole point completely.

You are a class-ass!

Good day to you.

Very quick response, I expected it.

No, you're wrong. You made a drama out of a shaft that you finally admit is not a problem. But this whole drama is about you.

We've seen this before. Cheap cue, I have a problem, please feel sorry for me, please!

We get it, we've seen it before.

No hard feelings, enjoy your cue, now that you admit it's fine.

But please don't come on here again with this nonsense.

All the best,
WW

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, you're wrong. You made a drama out of a shaft that you finally admit is not a problem. But this whole drama is about you.

We've seen this before. Cheap cue, I have a problem, please feel sorry for me, please!

All the best,
WW

No, the OP is spot on.

You pulled similar shit when Dale Pierce died, and before that when Tina Pawloski posted a question about corrosion on the feet of a pool table she just bought you acted like she was up to something as well. Those are 2 that come immediately to mind.

You are the one with the problem. You have a screw loose.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
No, the OP is spot on.

You pulled similar shit when Dale Pierce died, and before that when Tina Pawloski posted a question about corrosion on the feet of a pool table she just bought you acted like she was up to something as well. Those are 2 that come immediately to mind.

You are the one with the problem. You have a screw loose.

Chuck, was there a problem with his shaft, given the video? And to think, you gave me a greenie just a week ago. You a bit bipolar? Don't be so quick.

All the best,
WW

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All the best,
WW
"....I expected it"? Of course you did, you're fishing, you're trying to get a rise out of me. Guess what, you succeeded! You are the only one in this whole thread that has done this.

You have got to be the most angry person I think I've ever encountered online. There is no drama anywhere. if you feel like having a good read go back and read all my replies to everybody that wrote me. The only thing is I came on here and asked a question about a cue that I was concerned that if it had a warranty that I needed to expedite as quickly as possible. I rolled it 6 days after I had it and noticed it had a wobble (worse than the video I shared today) I contacted the manufacturers and I hadn't heard back from them and now for weeks. So this is when I came here to ask what I consider my online friends at AZB. You you're not one of them.

I've been a member of this forum for 13 years, go back and check my post history. Not once have I ever complained about anything. I've made a lot of friends, I made a lot of good sales and purchases and had good reputation. I'm not looking for attention, I was looking for advice, know the difference.

None of that matters to you, does it? You are just here trying to get a rise out of me. You are one of those absolutely horrible people that loves to do that online. You hide behind your keyboard like you're some tough guy.

I actually feel sorry for you that this is your only Outlet to have fun.

For the record I went back and edited my post in red to stop all the people replying without being able to read what has already been written. just because it's went on for 7 plus Pages doesn't mean I'm being dramatic, that's what happens in a forum thread, every time somebody replies it gets bumped to the top thus giving it more exposure making more people reply. I corrected some things that I found out from my good friends at AZB. Like I made a mistake when I mentioned it's a blank when it was a partial collarless shaft.

Bottom line time was of the essence and after having the cue for 5 weeks I needed to figure out what I could do and I needed advice. That's all I came you're asking for.

Drama? You started the drama. I'm sure there is a medical term to describe the behavior that you are displaying here, but you know who you are.

This is my last reply, whatever you say will be considered complete nonsense and doesn't matter. I only hope that others come by and read everything you've been saying and keep on judging you for the rest of your life. But I'm sure you are used to that.