Pechauer Rogue Shaft

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That little sliver of a ferrule will not increase deflection that you will be able see. Any "perceived" defl. increase is, imo, outweighed by the visual aid of having it there. Also makes it far easier to replace tips, something that on a Revo is kind of a pita.

As for the ferrule increasing deflection to a noticeable difference, well,... that would probably depend on the "individual".

As for easier maintenance, yep...for sure.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with your last two statements, completely disagree with your first. A *gram* on the end of your shaft makes a noticeable difference in deflection. So yeah, a ferrule will make a difference, the *I* will be able to notice. Can't speak for what others might notice.

KMRUNOUT

Same here.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, one explanation is that I'm wrong. Its always possible that the feel of the shaft makes me subconsciously hit a certain way to minimize deflection, so that it *feels* like low deflection. IDK. Also, testing on a bar table doesn't say too much about deflection either.

Interesting thing: I think I'm gonna switch back from the 12.4 Revo to my 314-3. My 314-3 has WAY less deflection than the Revo. Mine is "special", its turned down to about 12.4 or so and is light weight. Its really no comparison in deflection. Too bad, because I like the Revo in many other ways.

KMRUNOUT

No, your not wrong as for the "feel" being important. Some people need to feel things during the course of play while others need visual aid....and yet another person may need to "hear" things.....then again, another person may not need any of it.

The person in the last scenario is the perfect person for a revo "type" shaft.....no ferrule, unusual sound and an uncommon "feel".

I believe there will be a niche market for "specialized" CF shafts at some point.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried it at the Expo. I’ve tried all the carbon fiber shafts. I play with a Revo 12.4. The Pechauer felt excellent, and was as low deflection as any of them. Now that said, it can be tough to really get a feel for deflection on a bar table. It seemed as low or lower than the Revo. Hit was excellent as well. And that was a 12.5mm prototype I was using. I really liked it, and they are a great company.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Did you ever try the Becue Prime M shaft, I own a 12.5 version, I wonder how it compares to the Revo, especially the 12.4 version?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Did you ever try the Becue Prime M shaft, I own a 12.5 version, I wonder how it compares to the Revo, especially the 12.4 version?

I believe a member here has a side by side comparison to both shafts on a YouTube video. His name is Marek, can't seem to find the link at the moment

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for the ferrule increasing deflection to a noticeable difference, well,... that would probably depend on the "individual".

As for easier maintenance, yep...for sure.
I still don't believe that those little "mini" ferrules they're using on cf shafts will change how they play. Not enough to notice in play. In your head, oh yeah, no doubt. Until i see an accurate A/B test of a ferruled vs. non-ferruled cf shaft i'm sticking with my thoughts.

M0NSTERKILLER

Registered
Is the piloted joint at .850 going to be bigger than a standard butt? I have a Klein custom.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still don't believe that those little "mini" ferrules they're using on cf shafts will change how they play. Not enough to notice in play. In your head, oh yeah, no doubt. Until i see an accurate A/B test of a ferruled vs. non-ferruled cf shaft i'm sticking with my thoughts.

Like myself, believe what you want.

As for the ferrules not making a difference, well, again, believe what you want.

Can "your game" detect the difference? I dont know.

Can "my game" detect the difference? You damn skippy.

If it didn't change it, don't you think predator would have put a ferrule on the original? YOU DAMN SKIPPY....they would have.

Now, is there a way to put a ferrule on without causing ill effects? I believe there is, I just believe they are saving it for the "NEXT" big "WE GOT IT NOW" sale.

Again, I can tell a pretty big difference. Maybe you can't, I dont know.

Bottom line:
It dont matter as long as it dont matter.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is a standard butt .840? I was looking at these because they offer my specs. I need the piloted one and it is .850 as well. If it is true it wouldn’t fit my butt perfectly or as close to is rather unfortunate.

Not sure if .840 is industry standard but this is what 2 of the biggest production cue companies use - Mezz & Predator.

If the shaft u need is a tad bit off, contact Pechauer directly and see if they can make you one with the size you need...I would not be happy if the shaft was not flush when assembled with the butt.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Uniloc for Rogue is .840. You were probably looking a something different, not sure.

You are correct. I just looked at the 3/8 x 10 and assumed everything else was the same size just like how the Jacoby Black is...:grin:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if .840 is industry standard but this is what 2 of the biggest production cue companies use - Mezz & Predator.

If the shaft u need is a tad bit off, contact Pechauer directly and see if they can make you one with the size you need...I would not be happy if the shaft was not flush when assembled with the butt.

Pechauer is real good about making sure fitment is "perfect". The only drawback is you have to send your butt to them.

They told me, if I ordered a shaft and it didn't fit perfect, I could send the cue in a they would fix and send back for no charge.

Then again, pechauer has always been a stand up company so, I'm really not surprised.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct. I just looked at the 3/8 x 10 and assumed everything else was the same size just like how the Jacoby Black is...:grin:
I had a vendor confirm the joint sizes with Jacoby. They do size them differently, depending on the joint. 3x8-10 is 0.855, while radial is 0.847.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauer is real good about making sure fitment is "perfect". The only drawback is you have to send your butt to them.

I just emailed Pechauer and Jon told me they can't make the Rogue shaft fit perfectly on a cue because its Carbon Fiber.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just emailed Pechauer and Jon told me they can't make the Rogue shaft fit perfectly on a cue because its Carbon Fiber.

This makes no sense...I would like to hear further explanation from Jon...unless they are using the word perfectly very literally as in no tolerance at all. Seems like they should be able to get a shaft to match up with a butt close enough that there is no perceptible difference.

Buddy has a Revo on a Mcdermott butt (I think) and there is a slight step off...but not enough to notice unless you were looking for it...

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My cue has a Standard (like Joss) SS 5/16 x 14 joint. I would like to assume that any "standard" joint would match up perfectly...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well. I don't know what to say other than I was told the opposite.

For the record, I'm talking about "flush" and rolling straight, not diameter that can cause a "step" from shaft to cue-butt at the joint that doesn't affect the roll of a cue and shaft when put together.

Pechauer IMO, is at the "very top" when it comes to "custom" work compared to pretty much all other "production" cue companies.

Jeff

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone got their new Rogue yet? I would like to get some feedback on the production ones before purchasing.

I'm wondering the same thing. According to their e-mail they were supposed to start shipping on 16 September. I haven't seen anything about anyone getting them yet and haven't received any further updates from Pechauer. I did see an AZB member has some for sale.