2019 World 14.1 Tournament

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:wink:155 and out by SVB is an impressive competitive run by anyone's standards. I can't imagine there is much of a live audience there- anyone know? I personally would not make the trip 5 hours from south florida to see this. I'll use the time to practice and maybe get into the real 14.1 tournament next year -:wink::wink:

There wasn't today at lunch. Very little seating even available but will probably be enough for the audience this will bring in. If you don't buy the VIP ticket for $5 more you will be standing the whole time in order to see

tmickle

Registered
I would like my money back

Does anyone know how to get your money back if you have paid for the stream?

I just paid for the stream for the next 3 days. The view from the end table is too shallow and it is hard to see all the angles. Then they switch to a far away side view where you really can't see anything at all except the player hitting shooting some shot but without really seeing what he's doing. Too bad AtLarge didn't remark on these aspects or I wouldn't have paid to watch.

I can't see how to get my money back. Can anyone help?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how to get your money back if you have paid for the stream?

I just paid for the stream for the next 3 days. The view from the end table is too shallow and it is hard to see all the angles. Then they switch to a far away side view where you really can't see anything at all except the player hitting shooting some shot but without really seeing what he's doing. Too bad AtLarge didn't remark on these aspects or I wouldn't have paid to watch.

I can't see how to get my money back. Can anyone help?

Too late. Charlie and crew are going to be spending it down the street at the Dollhouse. :thumbup:

tmickle

Registered
Oh, well...

I've been watching the Schmidt-Grossman match since I still don't know how to get my money back. The end view is not all that bad - not good but not horrible. The side view is horrible.
Any way John is playing really bad. Score is 85 - 86, David is shooting but he is not playing all that well either. I've never seen John play this bad. Hey John, what the hell is going on pal, have you forgotten who you are?

tmickle

Registered
John remembered..

I guess John remembered who he was. He just ran 90+. He got tied up when trying to break up two balls. It was actually hard to believe considering how hard he hit the shot. then David ran a few. Then John finished running out. Way to go John!

Oh by the way, when he was playing badly, he did something I haven't seen any other pro player do playing 14-1 - he knocked the cue ball off the table when playing an ordinary side of the rack break shot. Crazy.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been watching the Schmidt-Grossman match since I still don't know how to get my money back. The end view is not all that bad - not good but not horrible. The side view is horrible.
Any way John is playing really bad. Score is 85 - 86, David is shooting but he is not playing all that well either. I've never seen John play this bad. Hey John, what the hell is going on pal, have you forgotten who you are?

Glad your opinion of the view from the foot-end camera is a bit better now. I wish they'd reduce some of the junk at the top of the screen so we could see more of the player when he is standing at the head rail. And whenever someone walks or stands between the camera and table, it produces lots of glare on the table. I thought most of that effect ended years ago.

And, yeah, how about that crazy Schmidt game. He was just awful, miss after miss after miss, for about an hour and three-quarters. Then he ran 93.

Let's hope for some good play the next two days (stick with it, you might see something interesting).

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Semi #1 5:00 - SVB vs Schmidt
Semi #2 7:30 - Hohmann vs Deuel

why so late in the day? Are you seriously telling me they could not do both matches earlier and possibly get the finals done in the same day? Is the host room limiting their table time?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
why so late in the day? Are you seriously telling me they could not do both matches earlier and possibly get the finals done in the same day? Is the host room limiting their table time?

The finals were to 300 last year and lasted 5 hours.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some good play so far today.

SVB had runs of 88 and 85 thumping Eberle.

Hohmann ran 183 (but not out), easily beating DeLawder.

And, not on stream, apparently Schmidt went over 100 beating Rose.

In about 15 minutes, SVB plays Schmidt in a semifinal match.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some good play so far today.

SVB had runs of 88 and 85 thumping Eberle.

Hohmann ran 183 (but not out), easily beating DeLawder.

And, not on stream, apparently Schmidt went over 100 beating Rose.

In about 15 minutes, SVB plays Schmidt in a semifinal match.

How's the stream been?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well I posted these semi matchups before the quarters had started :rotflmao1:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See if Shane can finally get into a rhythm here...

Shane1.jpg

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Just watched the beginning of the Thorpe/SVB match. Those players don't even know the rules of the game when yah make a ball and scratch. :boring2: Can't believe they didn't either read the rules or go over this at the players meeting. I had to turn it off.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane slopped through that match like a pig in a trough.

Combo on the 5 for the win...

Shot1.jpg

Stats2.jpg

Last edited: