Pool halls in Charleston SC

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I'm going to be vacationing in Charleston this year and was wondering what the best pool halls are in the area. Anyone on here living in the area? I would love to meet up and play a few with fellow AZ'ers.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked this question about 9 months ago and didn't get much response. I believe some people posted about a couple of places up in the Summerville/N Charleston area.

One of my company's offices is in Charleston. Very delightful city! I would heartily recommend you have dinner at The Wreck in Mount Pleasant and you MUST have the Key Lime Bread Pudding there for dessert. I'd also recommend Coast Bar & Grill in Charleston Proper.

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable vacation.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I asked this question about 9 months ago and didn't get much response. I believe some people posted about a couple of places up in the Summerville/N Charleston area.

One of my company's offices is in Charleston. Very delightful city! I would heartily recommend you have dinner at The Wreck in Mount Pleasant and you MUST have the Key Lime Bread Pudding there for dessert. I'd also recommend Coast Bar & Grill in Charleston Proper.

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable vacation.

Thanks for the tip! I have a high school buddy that opened a bar and grill in Mount Pleasant calls Finz. He also has a fishing charter business there iirc. This will be my first time there so I really appreciate the tips on where to eat and what sights to see.

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to be vacationing in Charleston this year and was wondering what the best pool halls are in the area. Anyone on here living in the area? I would love to meet up and play a few with fellow AZ'ers.

I've lived in charleston since September. I would describe the pool scene here as a bar bangers paradise all just bar box 8 ball and 9 ball on beat up 7 ft valleys wherever you go, there's just no nice pool halls with quality equipment to speak of in charleston. Charleston and the surrounding areas does have a enormous Apa following i think its the 6th or so largest in the country with league play offered every night of the week but that's about it. On a positive note there is a place in Summerville called the fast-break that has pretty good weekly tournaments Friday,Saturday,and Sunday with a average pot of about 300-400 bucks per tourney and bubba the guy that runs the tourney is just about the nicest guys you will ever meet. If your looking for a nice room in sc. with quality well taken care of equipment and a friendly environment theres Grady's in Columbia and shore thing billiards in myrtle beach and that's about it.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I've lived in charleston since September. I would describe the pool scene here as a bar bangers paradise all just bar box 8 ball and 9 ball on beat up 7 ft valleys wherever you go, there's just no nice pool halls with quality equipment to speak of in charleston. Charleston and the surrounding areas does have a enormous Apa following i think its the 6th or so largest in the country with league play offered every night of the week but that's about it. On a positive note there is a place in Summerville called the fast-break that has pretty good weekly tournaments Friday,Saturday,and Sunday with a average pot of about 300-400 bucks per tourney and bubba the guy that runs the tourney is just about the nicest guys you will ever meet. If your looking for a nice room in sc. with quality well taken care of equipment and a friendly environment theres Grady's in Columbia and shore thing billiards in myrtle beach and that's about it.

Cool, thanks for the info. Any action in the area, I'm just looking for small action, 20 bucks a set or so. Or, I'd be fine just playing for the fun of it.

So does Fast-Break allow unknowns in their tournaments? I know some places don't like out of towners playing in their tournament.

If you would like to play some when I am in town let me know. I will be there around the end of June.

Thanks again,
Chris

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
I think there's a place called main street billiards.. or Do a Google search..good luck.

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Charleston

Ooops !!!!
The info that was here was about Savanna. Another great southern town. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Also, check out what is called "the city market" or just market. Stop in at the Crab House on the south side of City Market for some she crab soup. Can you tell I'm jealous?

Again, this is in the old Charleston.

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not much pool here in s.c. but your not so far from gradys about 1 hour here the phone#803 957 7665

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Cool, thanks for the info. Any action in the area, I'm just looking for small action, 20 bucks a set or so. Or, I'd be fine just playing for the fun of it.

So does Fast-Break allow unknowns in their tournaments? I know some places don't like out of towners playing in their tournament.

If you would like to play some when I am in town let me know. I will be there around the end of June.

Thanks again,
Chris

If you make it to Myrtle Beach let me know. There is a 9ball tournament at Shore Thing on Friday nights and always someone to gamble with

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, this question has come up pretty often lately. I'm lucky, I belong to a private club called Rusty's. It has two very nice 9ft Diamonds. Public places with 9ft tables... I would have to recommend Tuckers on Ashley Phosphate Rd 1st, and Players Place second (three locations). Bar boxes... I would have to go with North Park on Hwy 52, Too Keys off College Park. They keep their tables in decent shape. Fastbreak is ok, but their tables were in poor shape the last time I was there. I pick up and deliver repaired cues to all of these locations. Now for other places to go/stay or tour. Contact My Wife at bereznytravel@gmail.com. She is a travel agent now, but used to be a tour guide downtown (ghost tours and horse drawn carriages). We are pretty laid back most of the time. Don't forget to try some shrimp and grits. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies everyone, I knew I would get some good info here.

dnixon, thanks for the number.

peteypooldude, thanks for the tip, I may be able to work that out.

Palmetto cue, great info and I will email your wife about some tours. I need to see what all the fam wants to do while we are there. I got a feeling that the sea food is gonna wreck my diet but who cares. You can't get sea food like that in the midwest.

Jodacus, will do, thanks for the tip.