A little correction for those watching the TAR match last night

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
At one point early in the match, Shane said to Corey "I remember that break from when we played in Atlanta in about 2002, you gave me the 7". Corey came back with "I gave you the 8. Not a lot of people were betting on me"

Shane then said "It was a tight diamond. I was torturing everyone on that table"

One of the commentators, Cotton I think, then referenced this comment a few times during the match in saying that Shane was taking a dig in reminding Corey how he torched him in 2002.

I just wanted to set the record straight on this. It was actually in 2006 at the Viking Tour championship in Atlanta. Shane had been beating everyone on a tight diamond that week. This was when Shane had just broke onto the real pool scene and was still getting even games with folks he could run over. I watched him horsef@#$ Troy Frank giving him the 8 on that table and it wasn't even close, lol.

Corey ended up giving him the 8 on that table on the last Saturday night of the tourney and beating him fairly quickly in an 8 ahead set. I was there and I won $1000 on the side. I believe Angry was backing Corey for 4 or 5 thousand. It was probably the last time Shane was beaten by an American in a substantial gambing match and it was certainly the last time Shane would ever get spotted.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At one point early in the match, Shane said to Corey "I remember that break from when we played in Atlanta in about 2002, you gave me the 7". Corey came back with "I gave you the 8. Not a lot of people were betting on me"

Shane then said "It was a tight diamond. I was torturing everyone on that table"

One of the commentators, Cotton I think, then referenced this comment a few times during the match in saying that Shane was taking a dig in reminding Corey how he torched him in 2002.

I just wanted to set the record straight on this. It was actually in 2006 at the Viking Tour championship in Atlanta. Shane had been beating everyone on a tight diamond that week. This was when Shane had just broke onto the real pool scene and was still getting even games with folks he could run over. I watched him horsef@#$ Troy Frank giving him the 8 on that table and it wasn't even close, lol.

Corey ended up giving him the 8 on that table on the last Saturday night of the tourney and beating him fairly quickly in an 8 ahead set. I was there and I won $1000 on the side. I believe Angry was backing Corey for 4 or 5 thousand. It was probably the last time Shane was beaten by an American in a substantial gambing match and it was certainly the last time Shane would ever get spotted.

Think Johnny gave him the 7 or something shortly after. Somehow he broke even and they were supposed to play again, but never happened. Johnny got the wake up call from the front desk I assume.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think Johnny gave him the 7 or something shortly after. Somehow he broke even and they were supposed to play again, but never happened. Johnny got the wake up call from the front desk I assume.

That was at the derby in maybe 2006 or 2007. They played on the tv table for hours and broke even. Pretty sure Johnny got even and pulled up. Who can blame him, lol.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member

I forgot about this one. I don't remember if it was a few months before at the Derby or if it was shortly after. I do remember it happening though.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member

name dropper........