Best review Tips Revo 12.4 uni-loc

Varada

Registered
Hi guys,

I wanted to know what you think about the best tip for a Revo 12.4 Uni-Loc.

I have used G2 medio and I have been feeling very good. However I need to put a new tip and I was wondering if there is one that works best with my Revo.

I have had very good feedback from the kamui black soft but I am afraid of risking the exchange.

I need feedback so I can make a decision and put the best tip on my Revo.
Thank you very much for your help.
Good games.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I have used G2 medio and I have been feeling very good. However I need to put a new tip and I was wondering if there is one that works best with my Revo.

I have had very good feedback from the kamui black soft but I am afraid of risking the exchange.

Good games.

I like Searing medium. Absolutely hate the Victory soft.
12.4 Revo with radial

Last edited:

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

Good games.

Zan tips all day. I use Grip Hard on my 12.4, 12.9 & Vanatge.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Hi guys,

Good games.

Varada, the problem with your inquisitive post is that you are going to get responses from a multitude of members here resulting in multiple choices leaving you confused as to which one to pick. You'll be no better off than you were before you asked. :confused:

I'm throwing in my choice on the Sniper (Tiger product) tip. I do not have a CF shaft, but I have numerous Snipers on various shafts and it plays great on them all. I did read in another CF shaft thread (can't remember which one) another member having one on his CF shaft and he liked it very much.

See what I mean? So many choices...so little time (and money :thumbup:).

Maniac

Varada

Registered
Varada, the problem with your inquisitive post is that you are going to get responses from a multitude of members here resulting in multiple choices leaving you confused as to which one to pick. You'll be no better off than you were before you asked. :confused:

I'm throwing in my choice on the Sniper (Tiger product) tip. I do not have a CF shaft, but I have numerous Snipers on various shafts and it plays great on them all. I did read in another CF shaft thread (can't remember which one) another member having one on his CF shaft and he liked it very much.

See what I mean? So many choices...so little time (and money :thumbup:).

Maniac

I know, I'll listen to a lot of opinions, and each one fits better to one tip than the other. But for normal here where custumo to play is much used to kamui. Since I had never tried it, I decided to put it and test it to see how far it goes.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The tip you play best with is the best tip. The tip you do not miscue with is the best.
I'm not a big fan of certain suggested tips here...and some will flame mine.

Can't go wrong with a Victory soft.
I needed a tip asap and the only tip on hand was a Triangle. I'm putting on another Triangle this week. The current one held up great. Kept it's form and did last a long time. It has hours on it.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a crap shoot with picking tips.

But for my revo 12.4 these are things I personally considered:

1. I wanted a medium tip. Predator victory soft is too grabby, so medium seemed about right for a stiff shaft (don't want to go too hard) like the revo.
  2. I like the tips to be 8 layers as to me, the 10 layer tips are too tall and I have to tell my installer to cut them down. I figure with the 8 layer tips, I don't need to do that.
  3. I do like to avoid the black or dark brown tips so that the tip is contrasted from the shaft.
  4. Like everyone, since finding the best tip is a crap shoot...I do go with reputation and what others, like on azbilliards, say even though that can be hard to figure out. The ones I see most often as the 'supposed best' and at the same time not mentioned with negative feedback I gravitate toward.

I ended up with the four below as my finalists with Tzar (the guys who make Magic Chalk) Medium Soft my current tip:

• Tzar Medium Soft
  • G2 Medium
  • Precision Med
  • Zan Grip Hard

Varada

Registered
I ended up putting kamui black soft.
As I said in the post initially I loved my tip G2 medium.
I'm going to test this new tip and I'm giving you feedback

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I used ZAN Grip Hard on the Revo 12.4 that I had and really liked it. I now use BECUE shaft and also installed the Grip Hard on it.

Varada

Registered
In a few hours of testing I can still say that I feel the difference for my old G2.this tip has a touch a little softer than the average G2, however I can give a little more ball.
The effort I used in G2 if applied now is a little too much.
In long balls I still have a hard time playing around. whenever I go to the table in these balls I have to think about how to solve the thing, but I think it's a matter of practice and I dwell on the tip.
the feedback between Revo, tip, chalk and contact with the ball is already very good