CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
ROTFLMAO!! I can see all members of the Fab5 clicking on this thread hoping I saw the light like they have. But, sorry to disappoint because IT DOES WORK as taught!! 100%!!!

I got an email from Stan a while back and this is what it said:

I have never shared the following story publicly. In 2009 Gerda Hofstatter decided that she wanted to win again on the pro tour.

It had been ten years since Gerda had graced the winner’s circle...too long in her mind.

A friend/student of mine urged Gerda to contact me if she really wanted to win again.

Gerda contacted me in late 2009 (early 2010) and shared with me that she wanted to break her ten year winless drought. She said that she was told that I could help her to win again.

We set up a three day training for the month of January 2010.

A few weeks later Gerda came through my pool room door saying, “I want to win again.” I’m thinking, “tough order” but I will give it my all.

We divided our three days of time between PRO ONE, stroke, banking, and kicking. To this day, Gerda is as good of a student that has ever passed through my facility door. She left Kentucky with a ton of new information and a manual full of notes to back up her experience under my direction. The lessons did not stop there as we continued our work via phone conversations and email diagrams.

What follows is a little hard to fathom, but in March of 2010, a couple of months later, Gerda snapped off the very next WPBA event that took place in San Diego, CA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerda_Hofstätter

The idea that permeates the minds of some simpletons that pros are pros and have nothing to learn is ridiculous. Pros often represent the best of what being a great student is all about. Pros are not always the easiest to get into a classroom, but once their attention is gained, extraordinary advancements can transpire.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice story! The main ingredient of course is the first thing she said. "She wants to win again." You gotta have that to get back into winning shape.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ROTFLMAO!! I can see all members of the Fab5 clicking on this thread hoping I saw the light like they have. But, sorry to disappoint because IT DOES WORK as taught!! 100%!!!
I have never shared the following story publicly. In 2009 Gerda Hofstatter decided that she wanted to win again on the pro tour.
It had been ten years since Gerda had graced the winner’s circle...too long in her mind.
A friend/student of mine urged Gerda to contact me if she really wanted to win again.
Gerda contacted me in late 2009 (early 2010) and shared with me that she wanted to break her ten year winless drought. She said that she was told that I could help her to win again.
A few weeks later Gerda came through my pool room door saying, “I want to win again.” I’m thinking, “tough order” but I will give it my all.
We divided our three days of time between PRO ONE, stroke, banking, and kicking. To this day, Gerda is as good of a student that has ever passed through my facility door. She left Kentucky with a ton of new information and a manual full of notes to back up her experience under my direction. The lessons did not stop there as we continued our work via phone conversations and email diagrams.
What follows is a little hard to fathom, but in March of 2010, a couple of months later, Gerda snapped off the very next WPBA event that took place in San Diego, CA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerda_Hofstätter
The idea that permeates the minds of some simpletons that pros are pros and have nothing to learn is ridiculous. Pros often represent the best of what being a great student is all about. Pros are not always the easiest to get into a classroom, but once their attention is gained, extraordinary advancements can transpire.
:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:
Pros are Pros because they have open minds and are always looking for an edge. C.J. Wiley tells people that over and over...."when you're involved in an endeavor to make the house payment or the car note, you better know something that separates you from the other guy who is trying to do the same thing"
When pool Pros find an edge they put in the table time and sweat equity to incorporate it into their playing.
Tools for their livelihood......just as a surgeon knows how to tie a surgeon's knot or a welder knows how to control the heat on the torch.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice story! The main ingredient of course is the first thing she said. "She wants to win again." You gotta have that to get back into winning shape.

In 2009 she won the European Straight Pool Championship. She's in the Hall of Fame for a reason. Champion player, very talented.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
In 2009 she won the European Straight Pool Championship. She's in the Hall of Fame for a reason. Champion player, very talented.

True, but Gerda had not won on the WPBA TOUR in 10 years which is what she wanted to do again.

Hall of Famers and other top pros have ups and downs and eventually declines.

It was HER idea and desire to take the lessons from Stan because she wasn't clicking on all cylinders like she used to. 10 years is a big drought for a world ranked top 3 player.

(is this the start of some knocking under the guise of praise? Just wondering...)

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True, but Gerda had not won on the WPBA TOUR in 10 years which is what she wanted to do again.
It was HER idea and desire to take the lessons from Stan because she wasn't clicking on all cylinders like she used to. 10 years is a big drought for a world ranked top 3 player.
(is this the start of some knocking under the guise of praise? Just wondering...)
SpiderMan, you have keen instincts like a jungle cat.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

You're right, ups and downs for sure, but she has always been in the top 4 or top 8 in about every tournament she's ever played. And to win the 2009 European Straight Pool Championship.... she wasn't exactly sputtering on just a few cylinders.

I'm sure Stan helped her, but it's not a knock to CTE to state the reality of how great of a player she's been since the mid 1990's. I honestly don't believe she reformated her entire aiming method between winning a championship in 2009 and then winning again in March 2010. Stan has a good reputation for being an all-around instructor, so I'd say he helped her a little as far as getting more in tune with her psr or any other issues he might have noticed.

Like I said, my comments are no knock to Stan or CTE one bit. I'm just pointing that it's a little misleading for you to suggest Gerda was all washed up and came to Stan begging to learn CTE so she could aim pool balls in a more professional manner. Lol. She's a Hall of Fame player who for better than 10 years had to compete with Allison Fisher, Karen Core, Jennette Lee, Kelly Fisher, etc.... but she was always near the top of the heap. When champions compete against each other the results are often as predictable as a coin toss.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You're right, ups and downs for sure, but she has always been in the top 4 or top 8 in about every tournament she's ever played. And to win the 2009 European Straight Pool Championship.... she wasn't exactly sputtering on just a few cylinders.

She thought she was. Your thinking means NOTHING. Winners want to WIN, not finish 4 through 8. Again, she hadn't WON on the WPBA in 10 years which really bothered her.

I'm sure Stan helped her,

No you aren't because it's where you've always been coming from with Stan and CTE. How many pros have come to YOU for helping their game?
Huh? None? How many pros even know your name or care?

but it's not a knock to CTE to state the reality of how great of a player she's been since the mid 1990's. I honestly don't believe she reformated her entire aiming method between winning a championship in 2009 and then winning again in March 2010.

Think what you want but she did. HERE COMES THE KNOCKING! She won the 14.1 title in 2009. A completely different thought process, knowledge, and skill level from rotation games. It's all up close and basically using 1/2 the table.

Stan has a good reputation for being an all-around instructor, so I'd say he helped her a little as far as getting more in tune with her psr.

They didn't work on PSR. They worked SPECIFICALLY on CTE PRO1, banking, and kicking.

Like I said, my comments are no knock to Stan or CTE one bit. I'm just pointing that it's a little misleading for you to suggest Gerda was all washed up and came to Stan begging to learn CTE so she could aim pool balls in a more professional manner. Lol. She's a Hall of Fame player who had to compete with Allison Fisher, Karen Core, Jennette Lee, Kelly Fisher, etc.... and she was always near the top of the heap.

Gerda was the one who called for the lessons. SHE is the only one who knew what was going through her mind...not you of all people.

You have ALWAYS talked out of both sides of your mouth and you're doing it again right here.

What happened to you not posting in the aiming forum and especially getting involved with CTE? Yeah, you are to be trusted for your word alright.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't break your arm while pattin' yourself on the back.;) Just kidding. CTE is great for some. I use parts of it but not all.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Don't break your arm while pattin' yourself on the back.;) Just kidding. CTE is great for some. I use parts of it but not all.

Gerda patted Stan on the back with a very heart warming and thankful letter a few years later.

I'm certain you would use more parts if you knew more parts and implemented it into your game.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Gerda was the one who called for the lessons. SHE is the only one who knew what was going through her mind...not you of all people.

You have ALWAYS talked out of both sides of your mouth and you're doing it again right here.

What happened to you not posting in the aiming forum and especially getting involved with CTE? Yeah, you are to be trusted for your word alright.

And there's the attack. When a good honest point is made, your response is always the same... Attack attack attack!

I never said I wasn't going to post in the aiming forum. I said I was finished arguing about CTE because it's pointless. Grow up little spider...there's a big world out there where most people live in reality.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And there's the attack. When a good honest point is made, your response is always the same... Attack attack attack! Lol

I never said I wasn't going to post in the aiming forum. I said I was finished arguing about CTE because it's pointless.

But here you are knocking it by not acknowledging the fact that CTE was an integral part of her training. Your comment being about PSR when it in fact WAS CTE PRO1 as well as using CTE PRO1 for BANKING. So you're doing something you do frequently and are quite adept at...LYING and trying to mask it with bullshit.

Here we go, the SPIN JOB to REVERSE it and place blame elsewhere. You were the first one to go on the attack with your typical veiled back hand snide remarks. Doesn't take much to read between the lines as far as where you were going with it. And you DID.

You made NO honest point that had merit. The honest points all came from GERDA herself. NOT YOU Monday morning quarterbacking from something that happened 10 years ago between Stan and Gerda PERSONALLY.

It was just a matter of time before one or more of the FAB5 was going to come into a thread about CTE and run it into the ground. Surely the rest of the gang will start flowing in to back your crap up and take it into the septic tank the way NPR went. What's new?

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to you not posting in the aiming forum and especially getting involved with CTE?,<==BINGO

The power of CTE is overwhelming....that bunch cannot control themselves.
They always just got to "have the last word".
(all in the name of "civil discourse and constructive debate" of course):shakehead:

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Here we go, the SPIN JOB to REVERSE it and place blame elsewhere. You were the first one to go on the attack with your typical veiled back hand snide remarks. Doesn't take much to read between the lines as far as where you were going with it. And you DID.

You made NO honest point that had merit. The honest points all came from GERDA herself. NOT YOU Monday morning quarterbacking from something that happened 10 years ago between Stan and Gerda PERSONALLY.

It was just a matter of time before one or more of the FAB5 was going to come into a thread about CTE and run it into the ground. Surely the rest of the gang will start flowing in to back your crap up and take it into the septic tank the way NPR went. What's new?

Here.... I think this book could really help you.

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-2-0-Travis-Bradberry/dp/0974320625

You're welcome.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
It would help you out far more. Tear out page by page and stuff it in your mouth
to shut you up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're like a woman that has to get the last word in on all threads and posts.

Seriously....

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-2-0-Travis-Bradberry/dp/0974320625

How many times have you been banned? You have zero emotional control. You act like the bully at the bar that runs his mouth constantly, just hoping somebody looks at him the wrong way so he can go off on them. It's been like like this years I suppose, though I've only witnessed it for the last 3. And it's a shame, because I bet outside of this CTE bully pit here you're probably a great guy.

Peace out.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Seriously....

How many times have you been banned?

Close to the same number of times as Dan White but not as long as PJ was banned

You have zero emotional control.

Nobody has the insight that you do. I guess it's because you have such great mind control that you can leave your body and be sitting in the room next to me. Do you think writers who write complex murder mysteries are getting themselves all jacked up while writing to want to kill somebody? I guess in your egomaniacal sordid way of thinking the answer would be YES.

Your crap makes me laugh and it makes me laugh harder to get all of you in the FAB5 so riled up that you can't live a normal life. Do you know who was the GREATEST at it? HAL HOULE!

He's been in the heads of people on the forums for 22 years and he's not even here with us any more. The originals on RSB who went off on him are still here going off like Chinese firecrackers every single day on AZ.

You act like the bully at the bar that runs his mouth constantly, just hoping somebody looks at him the wrong way so he can go off on them. It's been like like this years I suppose, though I've only witnessed it for the last 3. And it's a shame, because I bet outside of this CTE bully pit here you're probably a great guy.

Peace out.

With people I like and respect I give them my caring and respect.

Here with you and the rest, I give what all of you deserve.

In your case as well as the rest of the Fab5, I view all of you as wimps who can only be tough guys on an internet where there's safety and security.

Last edited: