Paul Mon

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Paul was a friend to many for years on all the billiard boards starting with RSB, BD Chalkboard, AZB and Jimbo's Army. His engineering mind always needed to know the why and what fors of the game and he loved to play one pocket or "pocket" as he would say. His love for billiards was contagious and he was my dear friend, one pocket mentor, weekly opponent and traveling companion. Paul and I have gone to DCC and the Expo many times and each time had a ball and the memories will endure.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/democratandchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=paul-j-mon&pid=138735949
ARRIVERDERCI, my good friend.

Paul-1.jpg

" If it was easy, anyone could do it "

Last edited:

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Wow, I am saddened to hear such a good man has passed. My best wishes go out to you Tommy and Paul's family at this challenging time.

I did not know Paul personally but the last email I received from him was toward the end of November 09. He had a bunch of stuff up for sale and I bought a few things. He pretty much gave the stuff away but what surprised me was that he sent the items to my home in Texas without me paying for them. Of course as soon as the items arrive the person at my house sent the payment right away. But, there are not that many good people out there that would trust a complete stranger to send items without payment first.

All I have to judge Paul by was his emails and he seemed like a straight up guy. One that I would do business with time and time again.

We are not allowed to drink over here but I have a little something stashed away. So here's to you Paul.

John

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
From time to time, I get to remember my friends as they pass on. Paul was one of my pool room buddies at Classic Billiards in Rochester. When ever his "pocket" partner Tommy T was not at the room, Paul might give me some competition. Gentleman player would be an apt description. Always gave his best. Although he never said anything to me about it, my nickname for him probably drove him nuts. Goodbye my friend. Paul "Hoot" Mon.

Lyn

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will never forget Paul, even though I never met him. Paul communicated with me several times via e-mail months before his death, and he pre-ordered the entire "Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots (VEPS)" set for an AZB friend. And he did this knowing he only had a few months to live. Now that's true friendship ... making sure your friend continues to receive a gift even after you pass away. I will forever remember Paul and how great a person he was. I only wish I had gotten the chance to meet him in person.

Paul will be remembered,
Dave