AMF from the 1960's ?

cardit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table has been in a residence for 14 years and in a pool hall for the previous 35 or so. Any thoughts about quality, playability, etc.? The label underneath says AMF 400 8298. Asking price is $1000. Price seems very high; I've seen GCs lower. Is this a decent table or should I run away? Can the subrails be extended? Thanks for all the advice.

Attachments

• pooly1.jpg
    pooly1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,150
Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
First off, I'm not a mechanic. They will be along shortly to give you the scoop. I just wanted to mention that one thing to check for is how the slate is cut for the side pockets. There was a pool hall in my area with Gold Crown style AMF's back in the 60's and the side pockets stuck out a little past the rails into the playing area. Enough so you could slow roll a ball along the rail and make it in the side. We used to actually play that shot in competition. From the pic you posted I can't tell if this is the case with this particular table.

OTLB

Banned
Yeap, thats one of the best tables if everything is in good order. Same frame as a Gold Crown, look underneath. Bring that table to MAACO and have it painted, It will out sell a GC as they were outnumbered and are rare

Last edited: