Question for owners of a case with 2x4 Ultra-pad interior

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
For anyone who owns a 2x4 case with JB's Ultra-pad interior - can you tell me if a jump cue will fit butt-down in one of the 4 shaft holes?

Specifically, I want to store my Lomax jump cue butt, which is extra-long (around 19"), in one of the 4 shaft holes, instead of breaking it down and storing it in a big pocket. I'll get it out by screwing its shaft into it and pulling it up.

I'm trying to avoid getting a larger case or having a larger front pocket made.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anyone who owns a 2x4 case with JB's Ultra-pad interior - can you tell me if a jump cue will fit butt-down in one of the 4 shaft holes?

Specifically, I want to store my Lomax jump cue butt, which is extra-long (around 19"), in one of the 4 shaft holes, instead of breaking it down and storing it in a big pocket. I'll get it out by screwing its shaft into it and pulling it up.

I'm trying to avoid getting a larger case or having a larger front pocket made.

JB makes a 2x5 interior that doubles as a 3x4 interior.

To answer your question, though. A jump cue butt is not designed to fit in the "shaft" slots, but will fit in the center of a 2x5.

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the 2x5, 3x4 rugged and currently I have the 2 piece mg reaper butt in the center hole with no spacer. No problems with it sliding down yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Yea it'll fit in a 3x5 but he wanted to know if it'll fit in a 2x4, in one of the shaft slots.
I don't know gor sure but I'd have to say no.

nahog99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have the case you mention but i highly doubt the butt of any stick could fit in the "shaft" holes.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
imo the 2x5/3x4 interior config is best for travelling set, awesome convenience and plenty of space also

2x4 makes me sometimes wish I can put another butt in.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Flowers model case from Jiasen with the Ultrapad interior. My understanding is that JB showed them how to make cases correctly and they are using the same or similar interior he uses. Probably not as nice as having an original JB but overall it's a great case and solidly designed and constructed.

Assuming that's correct, I have a 3x6 case. I also have a Lomax cue, and didn't want to try and put both pieces of the butt in the smaller jump pocket, was worried about scratching etc.

I currently have both Schons and my break cue in my case, along with 4 shafts. I then picked a corner where I had 2 remaining holes for shafts, and I have the Lomax butt in one, joint down, and the shaft in the other. It stretched out the hole a bit, so if I put a normal shaft in there now it may not hold it tightly as it's designed, but works great.

I got a $3 piece of small PVC, I think 3/4" or 1", and cut it to length so it plus the jump butt equaled a normal sized cue, put the PVC (or wood dowel etc.) in the hole first, jump butt fits on top and is nice and secure, and it sits an inch or two above the hole where I can access it easily.

Scott

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea it'll fit in a 3x5 but he wanted to know if it'll fit in a 2x4, in one of the shaft slots.
I don't know gor sure but I'd have to say no.

See my first post.

As far as I'm aware, JB does not make a 2 butt/4 shaft Ultrapad interior. He does make a two butt & five shaft interior that doubles as a three butt & four shaft interior.

This is looking top down at a 2x5/3x4 interior. He can place the Lomax jump cue in the center, where the 3rd butt is located.

jbur-34-br-tan-3.jpg

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
See my first post.

As far as I'm aware, JB does not make a 2 butt/4 shaft Ultrapad interior. He does make a two butt & five shaft interior that doubles as a three butt & four shaft interior.

This is looking top down at a 2x5/3x4 interior. He can place the Lomax jump cue in the center, where the 3rd butt is located.

jbur-34-br-tan-3.jpg

I have a 2x4 ultrapad in my Chas case.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 2x4 ultrapad in my Chas case.

Ah gotcha. I did a google search and found some.

My point was, rather than just telling the OP, "No, it won't fit." I was trying to give him an alternate solution.

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Ah gotcha. I did a google search and found some.

My point was, rather than just telling the OP, "No, it won't fit." I was trying to give him an alternate solution.

Yea if he wants to carry 2 cues & a jump cue he'll need a 3x4 or bigger.
But depending on what style case he wanted he could get a 2x4 with a jump pocket.

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know the diameter, but maybe you could carry a small mallet in your case to pound it in if it doesn't fit? Just don't pound it in too far, you may need a substantial amount sticking out to get a good grip to pull it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk