Predator Z2 vs OB+ Pro

BluesTele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using the 314.2 for the last 3 years and like it very much.

Just looking for a change so I'm planning to purchase a new 11.75mm shaft
and I'm torn between the Z2 and OB+ pro.

Anyone have experience with either of these ?

Any recommendations, thoughts, etc ?

Thanks for any help !

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have had an OB2 plus 11.75mm for about a month. Went back to my good old pro taper maple shaft.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Predator Z2 shafts I've bought of late are garbage. They've been warping like crazy.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Predator Z2 shafts I've bought of late are garbage. They've been warping like crazy.

One of the guys at the poolroom said something I thought was very interesting the other day. He said that "Predator isn't a pool company anymore. It is a marketing company."

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like my Z2 shaft to play pool but it's really good for snooker.;)
That's why I bought it.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got a Jacoby Edge Hybrid shaft last year... shoots like a 314-2, but with a way more solid feel, plus you can specify what kind of taper you'd like when ordering it from them. Just a suggestion.

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
I have been using the 314.2 for the last 3 years and like it very much.

Just looking for a change so I'm planning to purchase a new 11.75mm shaft
and I'm torn between the Z2 and OB+ pro.

Anyone have experience with either of these ?

Any recommendations, thoughts, etc ?

Thanks for any help !
I play for 25 years with a joss shaft(le pro) then for 5 years a 314 predator with an everest on it and for the last 3 years with a z 2 also with an everest.
so if you can shoot with an open bridge and bend over like a snooker player does then you ll play a lot better.............but if you use a closed bridge and your chin is more than 5 cm higher than your cue don t even think to buy a z shaft you will return to standard maple or 314 for sure:embarrassed2:

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB all the way. They are made in USA unlike Predator and they back their product up much better than predator. Their customer service is second to none and so is their warranty.