Cyclop ball review (compared with Brunswick Centennials)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
We just had a new pool room open here, with Diamond tables and Cyclop balls. (Traditional colors)

I'm no expert, but I saw no issue with how they played.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am interested in the results of your testing. because without any doubt in my mind, I know for sure there is a MARKED difference between any other cue ball used in traditional tournaments, the Cyclop CB is tacky, sticky, rubbery, like a gum ball. Not really interested in what anyone else has to say with their own experience... good on ya if you notice no difference, I know what I know and you know what you know.

I'm just interested to see how much of a difference under testing there may be in elasticity (since the cyclop ball seems to be made of rubber bands) just to prove my feelings on the matter and get some kind of validation.

Can a brother get some validation over here?

Lesh

I am guessing you are lacking validation because nobody else notices what you have about the Cyclop cue ball. We have been using them here for our BCAPL state tournament the last 2 years and I have a set at home without any similar complaints.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I am guessing you are lacking validation because nobody else notices what you have about the Cyclop cue ball. We have been using them here for our BCAPL state tournament the last 2 years and I have a set at home without any similar complaints.

Maybe I'm just not used to playing with a rack of balls that are so clean and pristine.. Honestly, the room I'm in takes care of their Aramith balls pretty well, but they aren't brand new.... years old.

Ive played on a brand new diamond 9 footer and brand spankin new Cyclop balls.... I just couldn't take it.... I had to whip out an Aramith red circle or measel ball in order to run a rack consistently. I noticed I was getting way more throw from the cyclop CB. Like I was using an extra tip of spin no matter what the speed. Others n the hall that just got these new Diamond tables noted the same behavior, but like I said, I just dont care what others report. I will just have to learn to adapt when and if I run into them at tournaments.

Thanks for the comments,

Regards,

Lesh

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once I got past the first few lines, I just have to say YOU PUT 860HR on a DIAMOND? That's like using a shotgun to deliver Skittles to your mouth, a bit too much speed.

The Diamond tables at the BCAPL Nationals (and every other tournament that has tables supplied by Bad Boys) have 860HR cloth. If you plan on playing in these tournaments it would behoove you to practice using similar conditions.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
I played with them at the Derby and heard beforehand that the skidded more. I didnt notice it myself. When i got my table, i ordered them. Overall, i like them but i have had some major skids with them. It doesnt happen often, but when it does, it seems to be really bad. If i could do it over, i would get Aramith Super Pro.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Once I got past the first few lines, I just have to say YOU PUT 860HR on a DIAMOND? That's like using a shotgun to deliver Skittles to your mouth, a bit too much speed.

I have heard of diarrhea compared to shooting applesauce out of a shotgun through a screen door, but never have i heard of delivering skittles with a shotgun. Hearing this now has paralleled the diarrhea analogy to skittles. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite candies...