Mosconi Memorabilia on Pawn Stars

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched that tonight also ... Rick got a signed book, 9 ball, picture, and a 1x1 case by Willie ... complete with a show case for the whole package ... for $450 I think? I would gladly pay that just to hang it up in my game room.

I noticed that the cue wasn't signed and was barely mentioned... made me wonder what was going on there.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
I'm sure they'll sell it for $1000+. Cue wasn't signed, he said he just threw it in there. What a piece of billiard history, even if it was signed to Scott. I'd buy it, if I could.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMGWTF!!!! The poor sucker. Where is it now? Gotta be somebody on AZB that can I.D. the cue.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, man, I love that show. I can't wait to see that. I usually watch "Pawn Stars" on the weekends via my OnDemand feature.

That Chumley and Old Man make me laugh all the time. That cackle of Rick reminds me of Buddy Hall's laugh. It's infectious and makes me smile.

I've been waiting for somebody to bring in some pool stuff. My Aunt Effie used to own a consignment shop in Centreville, VA. They bought and sold just about everything, e.g., furniture, clothes, jewelry, appliances. It was a very popular store in that part of Virginia, which used to be country. Her two sons and her sister (my birth mother) used to be able to price items and come with a fair price, buying and selling. It was just like that show, the way they'd engage in back-and-forths on the prices of items.

That takes knowledge. I love the way this pawn shop has a slew of experts they use to get a fair price. My brother is going to Vegas next month, and he said he's going to that pawn shop, just because he, too, loves that TV show, reminding us of our Aunt Effie.

He's going to get me a T-shirt from there. Yeah, I act like a doggone tourist when it comes to stuff like this. I'm a big fan of that show. :D

Thanks for the thread! Cool, cool, cool! :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched that tonight also ... Rick got a signed book, 9 ball, picture, and a 1x1 case by Willie ... complete with a show case for the whole package ... for $450 I think? I would gladly pay that just to hang it up in my game room.

I noticed that the cue wasn't signed and was barely mentioned... made me wonder what was going on there.

I know. I feel like calling somebody I know in Vegas to go over there and buy that for me quick before somebody else gets it.. :grin-square:

That's a good price, though a little depressing that that's all Willie Mosconi's memorabilia, one of the greatest American players of all times, fetches. I have a personally autographed photo of Wille that I got signed when he came to my town to put on an exhibition.

He was so old-fashioned, just like my father, wearing a suit and jacket with tie. My father wouldn't be caught dead out in public without a suit. :p

Anyway, Willie set up a trick shot in the exhibition and asked if anybody in the audience wanted to shoot it. All my friends around me, pushed me and said, "She wants to. She will do it." I was so scared. Willie actually let me hit the shot with *his* cue, too. Wow! Of course, I made it after he set it up, with all balls flying in the pockets with one stroke. :wink:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I watched this episode last night and think that it was a well displayed item and he got a fair price for it in this market I feel, he did not get taken. The cue was absolutely garbage and was just in there for decoration, some cheap import.

doctorb98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The case was a $5 kmart case and the cue was a sportcraft also a $5 cue....
psc.jpg

Last edited:

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member

willie's autograph is unusually common, he was signing things at exhibitions for decades. sounds like rick overpaid for this stuff.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We must not forget, and Ricks says it al the time he is in business to make money. He also got taken on a phoney indian vest for $1,300.00 he bought so he don't alway hit hommers.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
willie's autograph is unusually common, he was signing things at exhibitions for decades. sounds like rick overpaid for this stuff.

This is very true. The book is probably not a first edition; the case and stick are no good. The autographed ball is something, though why Willie would sign a 9ball -- a game he hated -- is beyond me. I'd estimate the value at around $100 -150, mostly for the ball.

Lou Figueroa

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou...That is exactly the same thing I told my wife, as we were watching last night. Not even sure if the signed 9ball would bring that much. Nice wood display case, but definitely not worth $450 to me. They have had expensive cues on before, as I have seen one of them eyeballing either a Cog or Hunter with a jeweler's loupe, in some of the rolling footage of the crowds in the store.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

This is very true. The book is probably not a first edition; the case and stick are no good. The autographed ball is something, though why Willie would sign a 9ball -- a game he hated -- is beyond me. I'd estimate the value at around $100 -150, mostly for the ball.

Lou Figueroa

risky biz

Banned
My brother is going to Vegas next month, and he said he's going to that pawn shop, just because he, too, loves that TV show, . . .

That pawn shop and it's tourists are starting to cause street traffic jams on Vegas Blvd from people trying to get in the parking lot. Sometimes forty people at a time lined up out front waiting to get in.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
That pawn shop and it's tourists are starting to cause street traffic jams on Vegas Blvd from people trying to get in the parking lot. Sometimes forty people at a time lined up out front waiting to get in.

Yeah, me and my friend incurred this while we were there during the day but late at night you can get in there no problems.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow! Are you kidding me? Business must be good. LOL

I'd love to go there, but I'll have to be sure to go late at night, I guess. :)

I read in the smut mags that Rick's son, "Big Hoss," got in a bar fight a week or so ago, got arrested, but they let him out the next day after he sobered up.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to tangle with that guy. :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

He looks a little like Shannon Daulton. Maybe that's why I like him. :)

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Are you kidding me? Business must be good. LOL

I'd love to go there, but I'll have to be sure to go late at night, I guess. :)

I read in the smut mags that Rick's son, "Big Hoss," got in a bar fight a week or so ago, got arrested, but they let him out the next day after he sobered up.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to tangle with that guy. :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

He looks a little like Shannon Daulton. Maybe that's why I like him. :)

He does favor Shannon some..lol...as far as him getting in a barfight...I never had a problem with big guys like that...it was the smaller in shape ones that had cardio for days that you had to watchout for...If it went past 5 or 10 minutes somebody better bust out the oxygen mask..lol:grin:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He does favor Shannon some..lol...as far as him getting in a barfight...I never had a problem with big guys like that...it was the smaller in shape ones that had cardio for days that you had to watchout for...If it went past 5 or 10 minutes somebody better bust out the oxegen mask..lol:grin:

That is so true. My brother (diehard Marine) is a man of few words, but if any unfortunate soul was ever to cross him, God have mercy on their soul. Let's just say he is a man who thinks good thoughts today. I'm glad to have him on my side. :grin-square:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou...That is exactly the same thing I told my wife, as we were watching last night. Not even sure if the signed 9ball would bring that much. Nice wood display case, but definitely not worth $450 to me. They have had expensive cues on before, as I have seen one of them eyeballing either a Cog or Hunter with a jeweler's loupe, in some of the rolling footage of the crowds in the store.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I used to see him at the BCA show every years and he signed anything you put in front of him. He would sit at a table and sign hundreds of things over the weekend. I must have a few dozen Mosconi autographs. I got one almost every time I saw him. I once had him sign a book and for some reason he wrote "To John" not my name. I gave it to a friend named John and it is his most prized possession. Back to the original thread, I think they over paid for the stuff or at best about what it may be worth to someone who just has to have it.