simple cue repair at home You will laugh

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, its about time

the pool world has a professional that can fix our custom cue tips! hope he gets lots of biz and make a fortune..I may invest in his technology :rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
and straight faced

This guy is shark of all sharks if I could do that straight faced I would be rich. never seen a ferrule remove like that :killingme:
Why would anyone give this guy scissors
cam corder just another way to prove to the world how smart we really are :rolleyes:
MMIke

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The scary thing is that he involved a child...aren't there laws about that sort of thing.... :rolleyes:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I might replace the Ivories on my 2 Doc Frye shafts with his technique.

incognito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I laughed my ass off. :rolleyes:
It's horrible advice obviously but not amusing.

Last edited:

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have Chris Hightowers phone number? I feel I have been ripped off. He didn't send me the glue gun or scissors nor have I ever seen him demonstrate that method.:rotflmao1:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This is the REASON they Sell Slip on Tip for your Pool Cue.

I had a gentleman last week ask where he could get a NEW TIP installed on a Two piece Cue that was given him for FREE.

I suggest a place downtown that would do a LEPro for 6-7 Bucks, he almost fainted, and said something about highway robbery.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
slip on tips

all you guys with cue lathes, see you have been making a simple job hard.

yes tom, I would contact Chris Hightower and tell him you want a pair of those multi task 3 in one tip scissors . :help:

and here all this time i thought slip on tips just slipped on :rolleyes:

MMike

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As bad as that looks, I not that long ago fixed a repair a guy had done by one of those tournament guys who set up and do repairs on the spot. It seemed the tenon on the ferrule was a little undersized and instead of the repairmen making and fitting a ferrule to the cue. He just took a ferrule that didn't fit and loaded it up with glue and pushed it on. It of course later became a problem.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
tips

I run into this stuff from time to time.
I still dont know how he keeps a straight face doing this.

just think of the money you could of saved with just a pair of scissores.

I have watcheds this video 4 times i laugh every time.
MMike

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Yup that's how the hubs did it on our shorty cue :eek:. It came with the table. He didn't even bother to clean off the extra glue:p. Best part is he hates the cue now. I think it's fine. Eventually we are going to replenish the house cues with something nicer but for now it's fine. We have our regular cues serviced at the shop.

BluesTele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i liked the video - it was very informative...

these are the same type of cuesticks and tips i provide my opponents with. :smile:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
If I can't find scissors do you suppose a butter knife or some nail clippers would work? (or maybe some old Bubble Yum and an ax?)