There's a guy in my local room that shoots every shot like this (5 sec video)

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
I call it TOS (Touch of Samurai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TGwrHRLYeU

5PCokRN.png

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's awesome if he can run racks and play good position like that. I wouldn't imagine that he could though...

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Are there really players out there like that?

I'm not saying that guy isn't good, but if his skill level is anything like his "fundamentals".....holy crap. It makes me feel like I'm regularly playing guys at the U.S. Open.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
If this guy is married I bet you he's killed a couple of wives in the middle of a passionate act. Oh Baby...Oh Baby...I'm commmmm...Wack. Karate Chop and she's dead.

kk2_004.jpg

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jumping Jeff Miller,new port richey florida does the exact same way,Hence the name Jumping Jeff.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
That was CTE wasn't it? :thumbup:

Thought for sure that a great story was on it's way here, one about some guy from a small town in Idaho back in '65, named "Boxcar" Bobby, who used to shoot exactly like that. And sometime right about '68 or '69 he hooked up to play Lassiter some $100 a game nine ball...played for four and a half days without a break, and would up flat even. Jumped back the same way on every shot during his 12 rack run. Never saw nor heard about him again.

Oh hell, I'm disappointed, I was hoping for a story Jay. :smile:

J

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I'd say that's amazing, but believe it or not - there are at least 2 guys in my town that shoot like that - and they don't know each other. One of them is on my APA team - he's an SL 4/5. The other is about the same skill, maybe a "strong" 4/5 (8ball/9ball).

Not every shot is this animated - but on those really close shots, or really important shots - they are jumping around before the CB ever hits that OB. It's pretty entertaining sometimes.