Joey Chin Custom Cue

nardobandido

Registered
Just want to give a shoutout to my boy "Joey" Joel Chin Jr. of JC custom cues of Southern California for building this amazing cue. Everything about this cue is great. The construction, detail, wood grain, points, balance and hit. It's amazing. I was blown away and I wasn't expecting it to be this great. This young cue maker has so much skill and pays a lot attention to details. Playability is superb. Of course he learned from one of the best and well known cue maker. For some of you that doesn't know, Joey learned from Ariel Carmeli and still works with him full time. I'm real happy with this cue. South West style cue and to be honest, I think it looks better than most SW I've seen and probably plays better. I have this thing about wood grains and damnnnnnnnnnn. That goncalo alves though. Anyone who's looking for a fine custom cue I suggest that you hit him up. You won't be disappointed.

FaceBook - Joel Chin Jr.
Email - chingoku1120@yahoo.com
Mobile - (626) 232-9065

IMG_8291.jpg
IMG_8292.jpg
IMG_8293.jpg

Last edited:

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice

Very nice looking cue ......Thought it looked alot like a SW........Good luck with it:smile:......RayWeeks

pickngrin

Nice cue, I'd like to see some of his original design work. There are lots of very subtle differences between this cue and a real South West. The short points are longer than in a typical SW cue. The rings all line up. In a SW, the A - B rings line up with each other but are offset from the rings at the end of the butt and the joint. The ferrules are shorter, although you could probably get short ferrules from SW on request. In cues with veneers, SW usually puts the veneers between the two woods in the butt.