How to count points?

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My questions is I see some people in the for sale list cues as 24 points. When they are 6 points 3 veneers. Which one is correct is it 24 points or is it 6v point 3 veneer?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My questions is I see some people in the for sale list cues as 24 points. When they are 6 points 3 veneers. Which one is correct is it 24 points or is it 6v point 3 veneer?

A four point cue with veneers is a four point cue.

A four point cue with re-cuts is a four point cue.

Follows the same for six point and eight point etc.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I never count the veneers as points.

Four point cue is a four point cue.

Some of the older folks will call them prongs.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all in the wording. A lot of people don't really know what re-cuts are. When I did them, I called it 4 points
re-cut. Then would explain it to them.

IMG_20180310_021454.jpg

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And then some folks count points in the Butt too...

Yes Sir. It all comes down to what people understand. When you say re-cuts. People say to themselves, HUH!
Veneers???
No Re-cuts. Meaning you take a forearm, cut your first points, install them and then after dry, turn the excess off, re index and start the next points inside of them and repeat the process til your done.
Or
You can say re-milled.
Take a 1 inch square for example, put it in a fixture on a milling machine and mill a vee channel in it to your desired thickness. Repeat til your done, then cut the vee channels in your forearm and layer the pieces in and let dry.
Now, people will understand and say. HOLY SHIT!
That's a lot of work to get what looks like a veneer only it has no seam. EXACTLY! Ohhhhh

Last edited: