why did jose hit the 9 this way?

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But, people are going to think he's doing some top secret stuff. Well, some anyway.
Reminds me of people claiming Earl Strickland turns the cue on his follow through to get more spin.

Geez, I wonder who that might be. Anybody we know?

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have answered every question you've posted until the most recent, exceptionally rude post. I've answered some of them with 9 or 10 separate points, with no replies. You are yet to answer the question, so I'll rephrase:

What is the "something else" that is not swoop (a change of direction on the final forward stroke), since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke?

I'll answer that just to make you happy and then maybe you could answer my questions from post #270. You know, the ones you said you had answers to.
Let's see...where to start? Oh, I guess maybe at the transition point from backstroke to forward stroke.
I'm not going to say whether I paused or not cuz that's a secret.
Anyway, first I took some practice strokes aiming at the base of the CB and also at the center of the CB. Now I'm ready to hit the ball.
I could come straight forward but I kinda wanted to put some right english on the CB. Let's not forget that we don't want to miscue, that would be a disaster.
Hmm, what to do. I've got it, I'll do a swoop stroke. No,no, wait a minute,I can't do that. BilliardsAbout already knows how to swoop. He's looking for "something else".
Hey, how bout this. What I'll do is, I'm going to send the tip of my cue directly at the point I want to hit on the right side of the CB.
Impossible you say. Nope, it's pretty easy actually. Not only that but top pros have been doing it for a hundred plus years.
How is that possible? I'll tell you what. You answer the questions I asked in post #270 and I'll tell you how it's done... for free.
Is that a deal or what.

Hint: the future resides in the past and, part of the following is not necessarily reality but just your perception----"since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke"

PS---Bet PJ can figure it out.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hint: the future resides in the past and, part of the following is not necessarily reality but just your perception----"since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke"

I don't think there's much sense in arguing this nonsense, but of course you could angle the cue on the final stroke by moving the back hand sideways on the back stroke (straight forward stroke) or on the forward stroke (swooping forward stroke).

I think doing more than one stroke with the cue angled is best.

pj
chgo

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nonsense is correct. I feel like such a moron because everyone else gave up on trying to reason with About long ago.
You all saw it was hopeless and here I am still beating my head against the wall.
Well, no more, I've seen the light.
I have no regrets though. I think through all our efforts we've spread the word that it would be a huge mistake to actually pay money to this guy for a lesson.
Gonna swoop on over to the 14.1 forum where I belong.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/MnT22XJlDHo?t=579

I speculate it was just bad follow through. You can even see his cue steer to the right when he got up early .
https://youtu.be/MnT22XJlDHo?t=579

Lord, that 9 was a hanger and the cue ball was in no danger of scratching unless he drew it .
The 9 also went in almost hitting the end rail facing. He hit it a little fat.

Here , he shoots a perfect center follow when you think he needed a little inside.
https://youtu.be/MnT22XJlDHo?t=478

But, people are going to think he's doing some top secret stuff. Well, some anyway.
Reminds me of people claiming Earl Strickland turns the cue on his follow through to get more spin.

The OP and others were discussing the low left english on the shot in question, and how it was generated.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I'll answer that just to make you happy and then maybe you could answer my questions from post #270. You know, the ones you said you had answers to.
Let's see...where to start? Oh, I guess maybe at the transition point from backstroke to forward stroke.
I'm not going to say whether I paused or not cuz that's a secret.
Anyway, first I took some practice strokes aiming at the base of the CB and also at the center of the CB. Now I'm ready to hit the ball.
I could come straight forward but I kinda wanted to put some right english on the CB. Let's not forget that we don't want to miscue, that would be a disaster.
Hmm, what to do. I've got it, I'll do a swoop stroke. No,no, wait a minute,I can't do that. BilliardsAbout already knows how to swoop. He's looking for "something else".
Hey, how bout this. What I'll do is, I'm going to send the tip of my cue directly at the point I want to hit on the right side of the CB.
Impossible you say. Nope, it's pretty easy actually. Not only that but top pros have been doing it for a hundred plus years.
How is that possible? I'll tell you what. You answer the questions I asked in post #270 and I'll tell you how it's done... for free.
Is that a deal or what.

Welcome to the trap, Mister Bond. It only took you several days to guess your way here.

Of course you could do a straight stroke instead of a swoop. I do it myself for certain shots. But you believe some of the best pros in the world aim, practice stroke then do a final backstroke half a ball or more distant from the actual cue ball aim point, then change from straight strokes to a diagonal stroke, because that's "good pool". Even PJ hedged his bet claiming "more testing" was needed when he "helped you" be a pain on this thread.

My video shows a simpler method that pro friends tell me they use, as reported earlier in this thread. Nor is a full pause needed as you claimed, I mean guessed, to change direction for either a diagonal change or a swoop stroke.

Answers to your "questions":

You have multiple pool sites? How bout some links to those also.

Why? You've already been rude while mentioning several different sites of mine in this thread, so you know I have multiple sites!

If that's the case then give us a link. I'd love to see Tony demonstrating some of your techniques.

Nah, I'd prefer you search for them on liveabout, so we can make residual income each time you click on my pages. You owe me that!

If you think that [video] demonstrates or proves your assertions about swooping then your out of your mind.

The video is a close up so you can easily see the wrist move made/not made in an offset and also a swoop stroke, showing one entry point on the cue ball, two exit points. Explain why it's wrong, use facts, say something intelligent about the video instead of being rude, and/or post a counter-video. You don't even need a table, you can use your pen and hand like I did!

How can I possibly get a lesson? Through some video chat platform?

I travel frequently, and have family I visit in upstate NY near the NH border. If you own a personal pool table or have a quiet spot in a poolroom, I can give you a video lesson also, for free. Thanks for allowing me a lesson plug!

No one is disputing that some people address the CB in a certain way and then hit it elsewhere. This could be by swooping or something else. It's irrelevant however.

T'isn't. I've demonstrated in a video how a simple wrist twist is more effective than a diagonal stab, which you claim is how the top pros do it! Now prove me wrong with facts, not insults.

It's that you continue to make incorrect and/or way out in left field statements (and sometimes out and out fabrications) and when questioned fail to provide any evidence supporting them. You can gloss over this all you want but I can give plenty of examples if you'd like.

What I won't gloss over is how I've offered you two dozen-plus pro examples, free tips, illustrations and a video here on this thread, not to mention the other two threads where you've been rude, and how you've had nothing to say, still, except insults.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I don't think there's much sense in arguing this nonsense, but of course you could angle the cue on the final stroke by moving the back hand sideways on the back stroke (straight forward stroke) or on the forward stroke (swooping forward stroke).

I think doing more than one stroke with the cue angled is best.

pj
chgo

There's not much sense in arguing from you, because you aren't arguing, you have merely two dozen posts calling people who disagree with you stupid, and insulting me, my students and my lessons. I'm unsure why you haven't been banned again.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's awesome to have this forum
to be able to meet people and have discussions
learn from each other and bond over mutual interests
so I hope if I ever post another thread here
it does not end up being more about I said/you said
backbiting and doublespeak
than actual pool
or whatever

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's awesome to have this forum
to be able to meet people and have discussions
learn from each other and bond over mutual interests
so I hope if I ever post another thread here
it does not end up being more about I said/you said
backbiting and doublespeak
than actual pool
or whatever

There is no backbiting going on in this thread. There are honest, well-intended people who are unwilling to put up with the BS thrown around by Matt Sherman.

Sometimes it's necessary to put peace and love on the back burner just a bit in order to set the record straight. Any kind of decent discussion we could have had was totally ruined by his long-winded manifesto-type posts. No one should have to put up with that and if he continues to ruin other threads like that I will report him to the AZ admin without question.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny thing... all the hoopla about Jose possibly swooping on this 9ball (or, as another poster eluded to in a different thread, he was using some sort of pivot aiming), it all boils down to a simple low left shot from a camera angle that doesn't capture the correct cb perspective to see exactly where the tip hits the cb. But the cb's reaction shows that left was used with a little low -- no secrets, just a very common way to hit this shot.

As far as his cue moving/swooping to the right.....in slow motion, one frame at a time, it's very clear that he stroked straight through the cb and his cue remained on line until the cb hit the 9, at which point he begins to raise up and that's when his cue moves to the right. This movement had no effect on the cb's path.

https://youtu.be/KiJ-C4tKF_A

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing... all the hoopla about Jose possibly swooping on this 9ball (or, as another poster eluded to in a different thread, he was using some sort of pivot aiming), it all boils down to a simple low left shot from a camera angle that doesn't capture the correct cb perspective to see exactly where the tip hits the cb. But the cb's reaction shows that left was used with a little low -- no secrets, just a very common way to hit this shot.

As far as his cue moving/swooping to the right.....in slow motion, one frame at a time, it's very clear that he stroked straight through the cb and his cue remained on line until the cb hit the 9, at which point he begins to raise up and that's when his cue moves to the right. This movement had no effect on the cb's path.

That was definitely some body english going on there to the right after contact. Nothing more. No swooping.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no backbiting going on in this thread. There are honest, well-intended people who are unwilling to put up with the BS thrown around by Matt Sherman.

Sometimes it's necessary to put peace and love on the back burner just a bit in order to set the record straight. Any kind of decent discussion we could have had was totally ruined by his long-winded manifesto-type posts. No one should have to put up with that and if he continues to ruin other threads like that I will report him to the AZ admin without question.

hi fran, when I used the word backbiting, I was referring to matt talking down on sparkle after sparkle said they was leaving the thread and talking about mods banning pat after pat said he'd ignore matt. If they can't defend themselves that's always meant backbiting to me. my sig says peace and love but a lil infighting/discussion is fine..we can learn a lot that way which is actually why I said what I said. we can learn from this discussion and that's when I told matt when I said I was also putting him on ignore. I respect everybody opinion and I hope he and everybody is willing to take thoughtful comments into consideration. always keep my peepers open for yours, fran. Thanks and cheers

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi fran, when I used the word backbiting, I was referring to matt talking down on sparkle after sparkle said they was leaving the thread and talking about mods banning pat after pat said he'd ignore matt. If they can't defend themselves that's always meant backbiting to me. my sig says peace and love but a lil infighting/discussion is fine..we can learn a lot that way which is actually why I said what I said. we can learn from this discussion and that's when I told matt when I said I was also putting him on ignore. I respect everybody opinion and I hope he and everybody is willing to take thoughtful comments into consideration. always keep my peepers open for yours, fran. Thanks and cheers

Okay, I understand your comments now and thanks for not including us in the backbiting part of your comment. When guys like Bob or Pat, or anyone here asks me a question. I try to answer it as directly as possible. It usually only takes me a few sentences at the most to answer and if I don't know the answer, I'll say that as well. There are a lot of things that we don't know the answers to and it's better to simply say, I'm not sure or I really don't know, than to go on and on and on. People can tell when a poster is uncertain, and no amount of words will cover that up. In fact, the more the uncertain person writes, the worse it is for them.

Thanks for keeping your peepers out for mine as well. I'll keep trying to do my best in answering questions. :thumbup:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

Excuse me, but PJ said he'd ignore me, then posted multiple comments attacking me in the thread AFTER that claim. Read the thread.

PS. Sparkle has multiple times in this thread said, "I'm out!" then come back to attack and attack and attack.

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

Fran, you just a few days ago wrote "have the last word and I'll leave" then added a post attacking me?

You're going to alert the mods if on another thread I give lengthy, in-depth answers (sometimes), like when people ask me a half-dozen questions on the post I'm responding to?

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

The video cuts away from the shot then comes back, there is low left on the cue ball. You may be right (I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for).