ZeroX training

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you thoughts or comments on this product? Have any of you guys used it or recommend it and how would you say it stacks up against Dr Dave or others?
Thanks

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the ZeroX stuff and I think it's great. Very accurate and pretty simple. some of the ways he says to adjust seem like a little guesswork to me but when combined with the off table systems I know, it's extremely accurate and easy.

I haven't really gotten into Dr Dave's material but I hear good things.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
I bought the videos after watching the free YouTube stuff and I think they are great. I really like Tor's style of teaching, it seems clearer and more direct than some others I've looked at.

The kicking and banking vids are very good, but imo not quite as easy as they appear because there is a lot of 'feel' involved and minor adjustments just like any other aiming or diamond system. Once you've memorized the number adjustments due to the table positions, you will still need to hit a ton of balls to start feeling how to adjust...

They are cheap, downloadable and easy to preview via the YouTube versions.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
dr dave is more scientific and thorough and cover many more topics
zero x is definitely worth the money

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Zereo X

What are you thoughts or comments on this product? Have any of you guys used it or recommend it and how would you say it stacks up against Dr Dave or others?
Thanks

I tend to stay pretty busy but Ive seen some of Tor Lowery's material and really like his approach to things. When I get the laptop out of the shop I intend to get it. Ive had people tell me the Kicking is worth the price of all of it. Judging from some of what I saw on YouTube this really is the information age and there are guys like Tor that are letting out pool secrets that 40 yrs ago few knew about in respect to how available information is today. I think its getting harder not to buy some of the stuff thats out there because there is the skill and then there is the simplification of the skill and many times the simplification alone is worth a lot. Of what I saw, ZeroX seems to have a lot of simplifications making his methods user friendly.

tinh339

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a pleasure to train with Tor in a week. My game is getting better and he is a great person as well. Thanks again Tor. 👍
Regards
Peter

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tor's kicking video is the most complete treatment of kicking I've seen. Too many other videos or books I've seen only cover sub sections of what Tor covers.

His math is not complex but you will need to write up your own notes. Then you need to practice enough such that the math comes to you quickly in actual play.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy crap guys, I had no idea I would of gotten this kind of feedback, not to mention so positive.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I'm gonna get it (after I type this) and see how it goes, I've used dr dave "cause i have it" and i really think its great but this zero x caught mu interest also. i don't get much time to play or practice, i really love to practice and was looking for something that can help me maximize my time when i have it.

thanks much guys.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've purchased every single video Tor has produced and offered.

Would I buy them all again...........you bet.

The 2 hr. Kicking video alone is worth way more than $8.99. It's just not a kicking video it also teaches position play and safety play.

Have fun and study hard.

John

Last edited:

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I first had the kicking and banking videos and those really helped.Then Tor came to my house last year for 5 or 6 days to give me instruction (free). It really opened my eyes to some things and helped my game.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
His math is not complex but you will need to write up your own notes. Then you need to practice enough such that the math comes to you quickly in actual play.

I definitely recommend taking notes - I struggled with understanding when to use what numbers on the end rails despite trying to memorize it from the video several times. Once I set upon writing my own notes, it became much clearer...

If anyone is interested, here are the note diagrams I made for the single rail kicking in case it helps someone. I'm working through the multi-rail kicks now so no notes yet.

http://imgur.com/KxJ45Q6
KxJ45Q6

b

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I definitely recommend taking notes - I struggled with understanding when to use what numbers on the end rails despite trying to memorize it from the video several times. Once I set upon writing my own notes, it became much clearer...

If anyone is interested, here are the note diagrams I made for the single rail kicking in case it helps someone. I'm working through the multi-rail kicks now so no notes yet.

KxJ45Q6

b

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
very nice to share that

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only criticism I have of his kicking videos is that he doesn't provide much explanation of the reasoning or mechanism behind his recommendations. It's mostly just "if you want the ball to go there, aim here." I prefer more of the theory behind why - for example, "aiming through the rail to the diamond behind the rail is an adjustment for the fact that a rolling cue ball will bend forward of the perfect geometrical line due to follow," or something to that effect. Knowing WHY something works is important for internalizing it, IMO, and it convinces me that it's actually a correct approach instead of just something someone said once.

But other than that criticism, it's good stuff.

And he just recently posted a 4+ hour video to YouTube. Check it out if you're not sure about buying his stuff.

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KxJ45Q6

b
Thanks for the notes! Good job!
Don

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I have bought many training videos and DVDs. Most are loaded with their magical aiming system plus a lot of other quick fix sure fire way to become a world class player.

Zero X is the only one that really helped me improve and straighten out my stroke. He doesn't give any magic aiming system except to shoot balls. The banking and kicking calculations are the best.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste any money on all of the other smoke and mirror instructional videos like I did. Zero X and practice is all you need.

��

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did any one you do the 1000 ball challenge or the "no playing until" advice he gives? I plan on starting that this week but working with my coach/mentor last night reminded me of something, you can practice something and get the result but that does not mean that you are doing it right.
i.e. you may not be able to tell what your stroke did without a second pair of eyes, I have a timing issue thus the balls into the corner I may make the ball but not be shooting through the ball. Lucky I have a camera so i can tape myself but i won't always be able too.
None the less, I at least plan on starting.