Things that bother me

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The use of English on this forum and other places.
A cue is straight not strait.
It's a plain Jane not a plane Jane cue.
A cue is for sale not sales.
A car has brakes not breaks.
And anyone whose first language is not English or is from the deep South gets a pass.
Just felt like ranting today.
And don't dig up my old posts and point out my errors.I know I've made mistakes but the above is basic stuff.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a plain jane not a plane jane cue.
And anyone whose first language is not English or is from the deep South gets a pass.
And don't dig up my old posts and point out my errors.I know I've made mistakes but the above is basic stuff.

Old posts? No need to look that far.

I hate it when people mix up then and than.

How about your current signature:

Playng cue- Troy Downey
Back up cue - The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Still straighter then 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Still straighter then 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made

Basic stuff! LOL!

We all screw up the language. Even basic stuff.

:thumbup:

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Their are weighs to get a hoarse to change it's spots. This isn't one of them. :)

Reactions: KRJ

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
It's a plain jane not a plane jane cue.

yous has a point their

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wut? you mean peeple dont talk rite hear on the bilyard form? rilly? u got two bee fuling mi. furst i herd of this hear problem.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ruinination.....:yikes:

...man blamed it on spellcheck......since when did spellcheck do words that don't exist?

pt...man of four million typos....all my fault

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Mmm...steak horse. <Drools>. I've been told you generally don't eat horse meat in the US. I'm not sure if it's true, though. If so, you're missing out. It's tender, juicy and flavourful. So is zebra.

No, we don't. The horse is regarded as more than just a meal. The horse has a long and storied history in the USA since the time horses arrived from Spain in the 16th century.

Native Americans as well as many Americans back in the day valued their horses for hunting and warfare. They treated their horses very well, gave them names, and they always drank first after a long ride.

So, in short, horses deserve a pass, they are a respected creature with a long positive history in the US. They are closer to a pet than a typical meat producer like a cow. Who doesn't like a horse. Gallant creatures, fast and powerful.

Thus, we consider them inappropriate as a food item, just like a dog or cat. There are so many other options for meat, that is just does not make much sense. The US is not a poor country that can't feed it's own, we have an overabundance of food and probably the reason we are the, ummmm, lets just say "healthiest" bunch of folks on the planet ;) I'm trying right now to get a little less "healthy" as we speak :)

Smooth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could of

"have" vs "of" is one of my pet peeves.... it's could have been, not could of been

peak vs pique also comes to mind although admittedly seldom seen