Chalkshaper..... cool new gizmo

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
The video on the site was absolutely useless. Would have liked to seen a closeup of the device in action.

So it levels off the chalk again?

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How about just walking outside and rubbing the chalk on the sidewalk like I've been doing for years?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
How about just walking outside and rubbing the chalk on the sidewalk like I've been doing for years?

That's too obvious. :thumbup:

On a similar thought. When I worked at the BCA offices in Co. Spgs when they first moved from IA, these items/objects/inventions/people would show up ''here and there'' with their newests' and bestest's products/inventions. The one that ended up ''staying'' in the office, but never used was the infamous ''Rack Around''.

A plastic template that would rack all 15 balls in a circle, start with the cue ball in the middle.

This Chalk Gimmic/invention/''thingie''....what ever you wanna call it may be a sign that the NON pool playing minds are getting involved/intrigued in our game and they are trying to '''jump on board'' get on the ''Sardo'' mind ship, that will change the game forever. Even the FIRST Gen. Diamond 9' tables, were the worst. The K55 profile GONE....next 80's/90's the cloth went from Grass (nappy) to FAST miniature golf type conditions (billiard cloth blend/weave). That's a good thing. Those are the only True changes I've seen in 50. House cues got cheaper wood, if its wood. Table lights got allot better. Pool players tho, are the same, no matter where you go.

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate to knock innovative ideas and the time, money and effort involved...but, get the same results (and if not quicker) from my old-school tip pick/chalk shaper (for about $.50 forty years ago). Just a bit more convenient and portable than the sidewalk.

Attachments

• wood rasp.jpg
    wood rasp.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,075

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s the worst promotional video I think I’ve ever seen...
Not being a judge of such things WHAT was so bad about it? You a ad producer of some sort? I've seen a lot worse/cheesier ads before. I doubt they sell 10,000 of these things but i've been wrong before.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Not being a judge of such things WHAT was so bad about it? You a ad producer of some sort? I've seen a lot worse/cheesier ads before. I doubt they sell 10,000 of these things but i've been wrong before.
It was not close in enough to see anything of value...that's what.

I like gadgets (or maybe I should say specialty tools), but I think I am going to forge on with my life without owning one of these. If I did even have this need (I don't), I'd play a piece of sandpaper on a table and rub it around a few times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
my chalk shaper

I have this revolutionary new thing on the end of my stick where it is always handy that I shape chalk with. It is called a tip. Captain somebody or another introduced it a few centuries ago. One reason I like using my own chalk, I don't have to mess with the center drilled stuff. My gross of sixteen cent a piece Master chalk seems likely to last out my lifetime and at that I give it away when a piece gets a little wear on it.

Hu

mmwtdh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It doesn’t take a producer to come up with the brilliant idea to film a hand held device demo from closer than 12 feet....

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
I'm not planning on one either. Its definitely aimed at those who go for the $25 chalk gaff. I get free Master at the ph. When it gets a lil deep i chuck it. No file, no gizmo, no nothin. Just reload.

25 dollars a cube is gonna go even quicker when you file it down like that.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member

They shot the handheld device from a distance. You couldnt see how the device worked with a cube of chalk in it and you didn't see a before and after of the cube either.

Basically everything you need to know about the device you couldn't see.