Free cue

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK. Now I got your attention. Last Year I gave away a sneaky that was just sitting around. Well now that I'm getting another cue, I have a McDermott Lucky cue that I will no longer need. I would like to give it to a young person. (like the last time) Someone who is under 18 and loves pool. So if you know someone that could give this cue a good home, just post it here and the reason they deserve the cue. And like last time I will even pay for shipping. Good Luck everyone.

Shane

UPDATE Congrats JAY_AZ.... You are the winner....

Last edited:

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My friend runs a billiard club here in Chicago, IL for high school students. This weekend is the ACS Illinois State Championship and their is a Juniors Tournament. BOth are always looking for donations for prizes.

I will get you in touch with him if you are interested. My phone # is 773.810.9169.

Also, rep to you for being a standup guy. People like you assure that there will be a future in billiards.

Chris

jay_az

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
PM Sent....

Shane, this is a great thing your doing...i myself have given away and even purchased to give away many cues and such for the young folk that are getting into the sport. The look of excitement alone on the kids faces is well worth the investment!

with that said, i have a young kid named Nicky (we call him Nicky Smiles) that is the son of a member of my league team. this kid loves pool and comes to watch us play every week and was kind of our Mascot as well as score keeper. He just turned 14 3 days ago and we decided to add him to our team. He is so excited and dedicated that he puts some adults to shame. anyways he could definately use a nice cue to play with and i know it would be the Bee's knees to this kid. If you haven't already given the cue away i would like to nominate Nicky Smiles. Either way this is a GREAT thing you are doing...BRAVO!

jay

sun526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
10   1   1
My son is 11 and loves to0 play whenever he can I am also working with local apa rep to set up a jr league. I am trying to generate interest that does not involve a wii, ps 2or3 or a xbox360, but will create the love of the game we here at AZ share. I know he would love to have this que as he now playing with pretty junkie import cue simply because I can't afford a new one for him. So McDermott would be a welcome surprise and birthday gift.

Last edited:

wolfcookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great

This is a really nice thing your doing I would ask you to give it to to grand son but he's a little short far it now.He's only 7 and been learning far about a year.A freind gave me a cut down bar stick that works far now..What your doing is a very fine thing...BLESS YOU

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
god i love AzBilliards people

just when i start losing hope in humanity...

a truly unselfish gesture with altruistic intentions :thumbup:

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I just want to bump it up to see if there are any more worthy kids that someone would like to nominate. I took the shaft to Dan Lateff to clean while he was working out of G-cue. Dan does great work and at a reasonable price. Now it's ready to go. Just gotta get some more nominees.

Shane

feedtheworm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I just want to bump it up to see if there are any more worthy kids that someone would like to nominate. I took the shaft to Dan Lateff to clean while he was working out of G-cue. Dan does great work and at a reasonable price. Now it's ready to go. Just gotta get some more nominees.

Shane

This is really cool. You're going to make some kid very happy.

I know a 14 year old kid that is worth considering.
He's got a rough home life and I offered to give him a pool lesson one day (just to get him out of his house). I hadn't played in over 15 years but I knew he was interested in learning and if nothing else, it would get this boy out of his house full of girls.
That boy and his initial lesson re-sparked my interest in pool. He is the reason I'm playing again and the reason I'm on this forum.
We've since gotten together at least once a week and it's a blast. He is a smart kid that nobody has bothered to focus on. I'm loving watching him learn and progress. I imagine our situation has done more for me than it has for him.
I've been looking for a decent cue & case for him but can't find anything that I can afford. I was hoping to find an older dufferin but even those are going for tripple of what I remember.

He and his family are moving out of state soon and this would be one hell of a going away present. I would love to see him continue to learn important life lessons from this great game.

Johnny

akadansmith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a 7 year old who has been shooting pool since he was 4/5 and would love a new stick. He was diagnosed with ADD and has not had any sports that he has been good at other then shooting pool. He is always interested in looking at new cues with me and loves the game. His birthday is coming up on April 15th and he would love this as a birthday surprise.

tylerdean14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
free cue

hello my name is tyler mayfield ive beem playing pool for 3 years im 16 years old and would love to have this stick.

tylerdean14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
free cue

i really need this cue mine got broke last night a drunk wald by and kicked it breaking at the joint ill make you proud with it

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got a PM from someone that had entered in my free cue give-away and was asking for a update.

So the Lucky winner was Jay_AZ.. Congrats..

I'm sorry that I didn't update the winner sooner. There was alot of worthy kids. I think I'm going to make this a annual event. Thanks everyone that entered.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
OK. Now I got your attention. Last Year I gave away a sneaky that was just sitting around. Well now that I'm getting another cue, I have a McDermott Lucky cue that I will no longer need. I would like to give it to a young person. (like the last time) Someone who is under 18 and loves pool. So if you know someone that could give this cue a good home, just post it here and the reason they deserve the cue. And like last time I will even pay for shipping. Good Luck everyone.

Shane

UPDATE Congrats JAY_AZ.... You are the winner....

My girlfriend's 14 and loves pool. she could use a decent cue. or a bike so she could meet me at the pool hall