Angel Investor?

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
Does anyone have any experience working with an Angel Investor or building a business plan to attract an Angel Investor? I thought it may be an interesting topic to explore as it doesn’t seem to have been covered yet.

Thanks!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Does anyone have any experience working with an Angel Investor or building a business plan to attract an Angel Investor? I thought it may be an interesting topic to explore as it doesn’t seem to have been covered yet.

Thanks!

If you're thinking about attracting an Angel investor into the billiards industry, please think again as they're not mad at their money, most of whom are simply managers of money for those that have an over abundance of it to invest....in projects that do provide a return on investment, and yes, I have experience in that department;)

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Venture capitalists are mostly drawn to ideas/projects that are protected from competition -- that's why so much of their money goes into start-up drug companies and software development. Both categories offer patent and copyright protection.

Yes, you can try to patent a widget but it's pretty easy for a competitor to change a widget enough that you patent is nearly useless. Much harder to do with drugs and software.

Venture money is also very leery of any idea that relies heavily/solely on one person (or a very small group of people). Their agreement will say that if the company dissolves, they own all the assets (i.e. all the work product, research, etc). But, if one person is The Asset, that clause of the agreement means nothing for them....so they won't do it.

It's impossible to be more specific without knowing the idea.