John "Duke" Dowell

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone remember him? I grew up with him in Pasadena, Texas. He used to play at the La Cue and the Cue and Cushion in Houston, Texas. I would like to know if he is still alive. If he is, where is he.

Thanks
Robert

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
Does anyone remember him? I grew up with him in Pasadena, Texas. He used to play at the La Cue and the Cue and Cushion in Houston, Texas. I would like to know if he is still alive. If he is, where is he.

Thanks
Robert

What time frame was this? Also a rough estimate on his age would be helpful.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Robert

I am pretty sure he si still kicking, just not as high. He hung around Cue n Cushion before it closed and and I haven't seen him in 2-3-years.
He was a very solid 1 pocket player.

Rodney Tevens posts here once in a while or at onepcoket.org. I am certain he would know.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
John is a couple of years older than I am. Around 71 or 72. The last time is saw him was in 1965 at the La Cue.

Thanks,
Robert

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hes OK

He hasnt played in 10 years or so, just sat around with the fella's with a cold one. Not sure which place he's hang'n at now, most of the guys from Cue & Cushion are hang'n around Click's (Dick Lanes place) and a few are at Hot Shots

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
He hasnt played in 10 years or so, just sat around with the fella's with a cold one. Not sure which place he's hang'n at now, most of the guys from Cue & Cushion are hang'n around Click's (Dick Lanes place) and a few are at Hot Shots

Thanks,
Robert