How to Resurrect Bonus Ball

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How to create an audience for Bonus Ball:

Step #1: Change game to Team 8-ball. That is all.

Ps: Hire someone with a business education, actually someone with any kind of education would be helpful. A dumb monkey with a camera is not the best idea to use as a public relations/business analyst.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is difficult to digest is that many of us on this forum, I'm sure, have friends affiliated with Bonus Ball. As such, I don't believe that any of us want Bonus Ball to fail for this very reason.

Most of us would like to see professional pool grow. I believe we all want pool as an industry to take off as well.

I think that Nathan, et al., have really tried to make this Bonus Ball work. I agree that the Bonus Ball staff should have maybe handled things differently, but that is water under the bridge at this juncture.

The website is a first-class pool resource. There is a lot of information on it, and I enjoy reading it.

Rather than tear BB down while it's on its knees, it would be nice if this thread could produce some constructive criticism that might be beneficial to help Bonus Ball get off the ground. After all, I believe all of us want the players to escape unscathed, and more importantly, it would be nice to see Bonus Ball resurrect itself, as the title of this thread suggests.

I'll be the first say that I think what they did was wrong to American promoter Greg Sullivan, but this is not the time to hold grudges. We all need to see the bigger picture here, and guess what, I know Greg Sullivan himself would agree with this thought.

Good thread. I'm hoping something positive will come from it. :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it is fair to take shots at Nathan.

He has always stated that he was not the PR guy. I believe his posts here on BB matters were more a result of his ties to us, not really an effort to speak for BB.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He has always stated that he was not the PR guy. I believe his posts here on BB matters were more a result of his ties to us, not really an effort to speak for BB.

Well said, and I agree. :)

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think a lot more than that would have to change. Even 8 ball wouldn't get a fraction of the viewership they needed, unless ESPN put it on TV every week.

But you have to remember that Bonus Ball started out, according to Larry Chiborak, as a way to promote his game. Everything else - the league, the arena, etc. - was a vehicle to promote this game that he created and wanted to promote. If that's the case, it's hard to imagine these guys wanting to do "Bonus Ball" the league and the production without the game Bonus Ball.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member

No, he's just the guy who announces an upcoming announcement while he's eating dinner. Takes him 36 hours or so to eat dinner.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is difficult to digest is that many of us on this forum, I'm sure, have friends affiliated with Bonus Ball. As such, I don't believe that any of us want Bonus Ball to fail for this very reason.

Most of us would like to see professional pool grow. I believe we all want pool as an industry to take off as well.

I think that Nathan, et al., have really tried to make this Bonus Ball work. I agree that the Bonus Ball staff should have maybe handled things differently, but that is water under the bridge at this juncture.

The website is a first-class pool resource. There is a lot of information on it, and I enjoy reading it.

Rather than tear BB down while it's on its knees, it would be nice if this thread could produce some constructive criticism that might be beneficial to help Bonus Ball get off the ground. After all, I believe all of us want the players to escape unscathed, and more importantly, it would be nice to see Bonus Ball resurrect itself, as the title of this thread suggests.

I'll be the first say that I think what they did was wrong to American promoter Greg Sullivan, but this is not the time to hold grudges. We all need to see the bigger picture here, and guess what, I know Greg Sullivan himself would agree with this thought.

Good thread. I'm hoping something positive will come from it. :)

An old quote....

"Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still".

With all of the previous "we know what we're doing and not interested in your advice" posts from the BB staff, your efforts to call for help from the outside will not hold weight.

Now if Nathan (not his job, but he does represent BB on the forum) started a thread asking for advice for the BB management team to review, it may get a fresh set of ideas.

dognit26

SHOOT THIS from 14,000 ft
Silver Member

Ps: Hire someone with a business education, actually someone with any kind of education would be helpful. A dumb monkey with a camera is not the best idea to use as a public relations/business analyst.

Changing the game will not help anything without TV. There is just too much overhead.