separate so figure spending roughly another $100. Talking with
a cue maker that is local he told me I could make my own feed unit
and save alot of $$$ so when I get some extra money im going to
start looking for everything I need which can all be bought on eBay
Brett

nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the first one he had on went for $185 i don't know if he had put a bid on it to drive the price up as every time i bid it went up as soon as i put in a bid ,this last one i got for $130
it just got here today have not had a chance to set it up

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the first one he had on went for $185 i don't know if he had put a bid on it to drive the price up as every time i bid it went up as soon as i put in a bid ,this last one i got for $130
it just got here today have not had a chance to set it up

Did you get around to making it work?
Just interested,
Neil

deadbeat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went through multiple emails with this guy to get details of where the hand wheel goes. It goes on the end of the bed like the taig powerfeed kit does. Just FYI.

nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you get around to making it work?
Just interested,
Neil

I got it on just using the hand wheel as yet but it is very flimsy built ,the bearing are glued on to the mounting board the one were the hand wheel goes has all ready let go .With and over all length of 54 in, it should have some centre support of some type. I would not suggest it to any one .

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I went through multiple emails with this guy to get details of where the hand wheel goes. It goes on the end of the bed like the taig powerfeed kit does. Just FYI.

I wanted one too but this was the issue with it that I didn't like so I passed on it.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I could get a half nut assembly that I could bolt on. With the control you listed controlling the threaded rod that would make a Hightower/Taig very nice.

Thanks for the money saving response.

Hopefully Chris will see this, get his thinking cap going and make some 1/2 nut arrangement.

Neil

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the money saving response.

Hopefully Chris will see this, get his thinking cap going and make some 1/2 nut arrangement.

Neil

I already have a leadscrew using a Hob gear. Just lock down the handwheel. No need for a half nut. I like the looks of that motor someone listed. Maybe someone will put one through a lot of use and see how it works out.

deadbeat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already have a leadscrew using a Hob gear. Just lock down the handwheel. No need for a half nut. I like the looks of that motor someone listed. Maybe someone will put one through a lot of use and see how it works out.

Ok Chris, you talked me into it. I'll get the motor and try it out, just go ahead and send me everything else I'll need. :grin-square:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok Chris, you talked me into it. I'll get the motor and try it out, just go ahead and send me everything else I'll need. :grin-square:

You will need to call me as there is a lot more to converting your lathe to a lead screw power feed than just bolting it on.
You will need to turn the bed around and will probably need a new carriage.
You will most likely need a different coupling if you plan to direct drive it. I drive mine with a belt.