Mosconi Cup week 2018

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Even more important with a table playing that loose. The lag has never been our strong suit for the last few years for whatever reason. Glad to see them place some close to the end rail.

Jayson lagged good the last match...2 or 3 inches from the rail....
...they didn’t give a close-up....Shane might’ve froze his.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appleton says they made them bigger to level the playing field for the Americans.
That isn't the case on multiple levels - the sloppy pockets aren't new, and the problem with the US team's play in recent years hasn't been shotmaking, but rather strategy and safeties. Big pockets should actually help the Europeans.

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
So impressed by Tyler. Had a big hiccup half way through his match with Neils and came back like a man on fire. Tomorrow is going to be fun!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
So impressed by Tyler. Had a big hiccup half way through his match with Neils and came back like a man on fire. Tomorrow is going to be fun!

There are several things that I saw with Tyler.
1. He held his composer
2. When he got fortunate he smirked slightly(sort of shows that he knows the pool gods like him)
3. He jumps like a rabbit
4. He interviews well and doesn't come across like a smartAss.
5. Tyler is young and could be a force with this experience under his belt.
6. He will need to tighten up a little once "the rolls" don't come his way.

All in all to be up by one will really inspire the team and inspiration will prove tough to fade on day two.

Nice job to team USA for taking day one and Tyler welcome to the fight!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to my research, the last time Team USA lead after Day1 was 2012.
I may be wrong, I just did a Wikipedia search

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
What a monster performance by Shane! So proud of him righting the ship after his early shakiness. He looked in total command from about midway through his doubles match til the final 9 against Shaw.

Shaw is at the very bottom of the list of players I like but you can't take anything away from his skill set. The boy can flat out *play*. For SVB to blitz him 5 zip puts an exclamation point on USA being up after the first day. Great job.

"I play for the f**king Mosconi Cup. USA! USA! USA!"

"Thanks for tunin' in. Efren, you got the eight!" :thumbup:

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I think Facebook is doing geographical blocking for the livestream and replay videos of Mosconi Cup 2018, no doubt due to broadcasting agreements. I can see all the other videos such as the warm-up but not the actual Mosconi Cup 2018.

If someone happens to stream-rip the matches and make them available for replay somehow, I wouldn't complain, just sayin' :D

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I think Facebook is doing geographical blocking for the livestream and replay videos of Mosconi Cup 2018, no doubt due to broadcasting agreements. I can see all the other videos such as the warm-up but not the actual Mosconi Cup 2018.

If someone happens to stream-rip the matches and make them available for replay somehow, I wouldn't complain, just sayin' :D
In the meantime we can watch Karl Boyes do his best impression of a 14 year old girl's fashion sense. Way to present the sport Karl.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 425

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
According to my research, the last time Team USA lead after Day1 was 2012.
I may be wrong, I just did a Wikipedia search

Correct. And Team USA also won Day 4 in 2012, even though they lost the Cup that year.

Then Team USA lost 17 sessions in a row, finally ending that streak with a tie on Day 3 last year. But the winless-sessions streak hit 19 after last year.

Finally, the winless-sessions streak, going back to Day 4 of 2012, has ended.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Facebook is doing geographical blocking for the livestream and replay videos of Mosconi Cup 2018, no doubt due to broadcasting agreements. I can see all the other videos such as the warm-up but not the actual Mosconi Cup 2018. ..

Did you try clicking on the "videos" category in the list on the left-hand side of the page?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler and Shane were the stars for USA on Day 1.
On other hand, Europe basically collapsed winning only 1 of 4 matches and only 9 of 25 racks in doubles/ singles. Newbies Kaci and Kazakis underperformed unlike past debutants. So did the tentpoles Shaw and Niels. Actually Europe's star performer was Albin whom many regarded as weakest before the event.

Day 2 will likely be 3 doubles and 2 singles. The battle for Day 2 comes down to doubles.
Momentum is with USA and Europe is shaky. USA has to strike before Europe recovers and win Day 2 to have any chance of winning whole thing.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Those pockets are the worst I have ever seen, makes the game look like a complete joke.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pockets are the worst I have ever seen, makes the game look like a complete joke.

It's the same pockets for both teams. Both rattled a few and were picked up by them as well.

To me, rather they're tight pockets or loose, it's good pool we're seeing.