Snow

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always looking forward to having a few silver bullets with friends on Tuesday night (pool league night). But I live in Iowa and were are getting pounded with a blizzard and the bar we shoot out of closed because they pulled the plows off the road. So I’m here on the putter instead. Still having a bullet!:wink::)

BL

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
Always looking forward to having a few silver bullets with friends on Tuesday night (pool league night). But I live in Iowa and were are getting pounded with a blizzard and the bar we shoot out of closed because they pulled the plows off the road. So I’m here on the putter instead. Still having a bullet!:wink::)

BL

Who ever closed down your bar needs to be tazed!!! ( I am a firm believer in tazing people that make bad decisions!) People have lived here forever and lately we get a few inches and half the town wants to shut down.
I have league Thursday and I'll be damned if I let a little snow stop me from getting my drink on!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Who ever closed down your bar needs to be tazed!!! ( I am a firm believer in tazing people that make bad decisions!) People have lived here forever and lately we get a few inches and half the town wants to shut down.
I have league Thursday and I'll be damned if I let a little snow stop me from getting my drink on!

Yep I agree let em ride the lightning.

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The part that sucked was we were already there, I was downing my first beer and kicking azz in practice when the owner said "last call"?????? WTH, have you lost your mind, last call at 5:30???? Oh well, wasn't going to win that argument..... :eek:Need a tazer:mad:

BL

DrewWhitehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your getting what I got down here in Oklahoma, it's was a little more than a couple of inches. Course were not used to it as much as you guys. I got about a foot and 4 foot drifts. Didn't hold me up from having some tonight too.

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well let's see, I'm looking out the front window and I can just make out the house across the street. Yea it's snowing and drifting pretty bad. Home is a pretty safe place to be tonight.

BL

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the Chicago burbs right now and we are getting blown away. Its gusting to 50, white out conditions, already have 10+ inches, the lights have flickered on & off several times. It's gonna be a long night, I just pray we keep the power on, otherwise it will be damn cold inside too!!!

poscdr09

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This storm is a bad mutha... Im just a bit west of Chicago, IL and we got at leat 14 inches and I got a 6 ft drift outside. I am offically snowed into work. :( No drinky for me till tomorrow... Enjoy them silver bullets!!!

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea the temp is dropping and it's snowing sideways sometimes it's snowing up WTH....... Hope we all in the midwest keep the lights on tonight, pretty much sucks!

BL

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This storm is a bad mutha... Im just a bit west of Chicago, IL and we got at leat 14 inches and I got a 6 ft drift outside. I am offically snowed into work. :( No drinky for me till tomorrow... Enjoy them silver bullets!!!

:grin:You betcha, I live Cedar Rapids, IA, hold on to your hat.:eek:

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Yep its bad here in Northeast Indiana also. At least I have a home table and no work for me tomorrow. :grin:

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It makes a difference if your home or away

Been there before. I once drove 30 miles in an ice storm then found out the home team wasn't coming. Got hammered then drove home. Nothing like being young and dumb. Now days I wouldn't risk my life for a match that can be made up at a later date. There's a lot more than a couple of inches where I'm at in Iowa.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Schaumburg and just went outside for a stroll. There is lightning and thunder in the middle of a freaking blizzard!!! Holy SHIT, I couldn't believe it when I saw the first lightning flash I thought it was a transformer but then came the thunder!!! WOW is all I can say, it is some serious stuff going on out there!!!

poscdr09

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Schaumburg and just went outside for a stroll. There is lightning and thunder in the middle of a freaking blizzard!!! Holy SHIT, I couldn't believe it when I saw the first lightning flash I thought it was a transformer but then came the thunder!!! WOW is all I can say, it is some serious stuff going on out there!!!

Yeah its crazy for sure! I work at a peaker power plant just south of you in Elgin/Bartlett. We are getting some silly readings from ComEd's lines and lightning would explain it... The good news for you is if there are any power issues my plant will get your heater/tv/fridge back on!! :thumbup2:

On a funny note we are listening to local radio trackers and the same female officer has got her car stuck in a ditch 3 times in the past 2 hours!! :lmao::lmao::rotflmao: "Dispatch, its officer 318 again.... Just send the truck to RT 47 and Burlington this time.." Its about the only thing making this night go by faster! Lol...

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the laugh! Perhaps she grew up somewhere in a warmer, sunnier climate and is getting blown off the road!! Just saw a front loader go up the road with a plow hitch and the whole damn rig was bouncing up and down, I can only imagine the damage that baby is doing to the asphalt. It's gonna be a looooonnnnnggggg nite!!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
You guys (and gals) stay warm now, ya hear? Otherwise, this might happen to ya (see below)...

:D
-Sean

Attachments

• FreezeButtOff.jpg
    FreezeButtOff.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 106