WTB: 9' Pool Table

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a 9 foot table for my home. I live in Oswego NY and not too many listings in my area. My budget would ideally be $2,000-$2,500. Max range would be $4,500 but would prefer to stay in the lower range. Any Suggestions? If you have a table please provide pics. Thanks!!:):)

duc996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looking for a 9 foot table for my home. I live in Oswego NY and not too many listings in my area. My budget would ideally be $2,000-$2,500. Max range would be $4,500 but would prefer to stay in the lower range. Any Suggestions? If you have a table please provide pics. Thanks!!:):)

Banikane, have you looked on ebay? There are some pretty decent deals in there if you haven't looked and they are near you too. HTH.

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Blacked Balled! That seems like a pretty good deal. Was thinking of going to watch The Turning Stone Classic, now have a real reason to go. If I am interested do you know who I contact? Where would I find cost/person for shipping/setup?

duck996 - I looked on ebay, no 9' tables within 4hours drive of me. Craiglist has one I plan to check out this weekend.

Anyone have positive/negative feedback on Golden West Billiard mfg-for around $3,700 can get a new 9' table w/accessory kit. But my mind is now having a hard time thinking of anything else but that Turning Stone Deal.:)

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Karl, That is the one I plan on checking out this weekend. Is that a decent price if it is in good condition?

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing some research have a Q for all you guys: Why does everyone love Diamond tables so much? Their site says the Diamond Pro/Am is a once piece slate and every other mfg. company says they use a three piece slate. So which is better? My dream table is a Gold Crown V , the GC's just seem to have that classic look I remember from my childhood.

T-Dawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Diamond come in one or 3 piece slate,it`s a option,also pocket size is a option,and if you pick up yourself at turning stone your still charged the delivery fee.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Absolutely NO to golden west. Stick to the big names: Brunswick, Diamond and to a lesser extent (IMO) Gandy/ Olhausen/ Kim Steel/ Gabriels. And hold out for what you want, this is likely going to be a 1time purchase, so take your time and do it right.

I suggest you consider the Mechanic's forum here. Those guys all have access to quality tables, will deliver and show up with all the proper tools to leave you happy.

You say the gold crown5 is your dream, how about a previous model? They are way over-built for home use applications.

@the indicted budget, I believe you should be able to have a GC 1-4 in your home, without ever having to get up and out of your chair.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Last edited:

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Check your PM box, I sent you a link to a thread praising one of the top table mechanics on the east coast that may still have some gold crowns in storage that you may be able to customize to your liking.

I know I still love mine.

Mike

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to go away for a few days, now back on the hunt. Black-balled and glen was going to send you each a check but decided to pay it forward. ;) Thanks so much for all the help!

I did manage to get the wife into a pool hall for the first time ever. Now she is hooked and searching the net for a table. We played on a Gold Crown 3 that was black or ebony-maybe called piano black, the championship version I think. The owner of the place had a few 9' tables for sale. A Gold Crown 3 for $2300 or the Black top one for $3500-(includes delivery and set up) does that sound like a fair price? He said that's about what he paid for it but he got a discount for buying a bunch of them. He said the only difference was the black top and probably not the better deal for 1200 more. But if the wife likes it better, so do I. It was a nice a table even with a few dings.

What do you guys think?

hookmehorns

Lizard King
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
My Opinion

Had to go away for a few days, now back on the hunt. Black-balled and glen was going to send you each a check but decided to pay it forward. ;) Thanks so much for all the help!

I did manage to get the wife into a pool hall for the first time ever. Now she is hooked and searching the net for a table. We played on a Gold Crown 3 that was black or ebony-maybe called piano black, the championship version I think. The owner of the place had a few 9' tables for sale. A Gold Crown 3 for $2300 or the Black top one for $3500-(includes delivery and set up) does that sound like a fair price? He said that's about what he paid for it but he got a discount for buying a bunch of them. He said the only difference was the black top and probably not the better deal for 1200 more. But if the wife likes it better, so do I. It was a nice a table even with a few dings.

What do you guys think?

Assuming the base frame and slate are in good condition (will know when taken apart) and top rails and blinds are satisfactory as well, I would say $2300 for a GCIII delivered and set up professionally is a great deal. As for the Piano finish table (which would have been done by Kimble (sp) pianos) it would just be a personal preferance on if you both wouldn't mind paying more for that finish and look. I installed and worked on a ton of Brunswick tables and GCIII-IV's are all built the same on the inside. I can't see you going wrong if you don't find there to be any no major issues with either table.

Regards,
Mo

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My opinion is take the wife to turning stone and let her see the tables there. I am a Gold Crown fan, but if i was to buy a table tomorrow and had the money, it would be a Diamond. If I didn't have that much, I would wait and save.

If you make it to Turning Stone, which is a great event with A LOT of talent, and you like the tables, see Mike Zuglan and he can steer you in the right direction.

p3ga

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What do you guys think?

I would listen to your wife and go for the black one before she exercises the woman's prerogative to change her mind - without reason, prejudice, or justification - on a moment's notice.

Please post pictures when it's installed and set up this Friday.