Ever hear of a Gold Crown III w/ silver castings & black rails?

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a hard time find info on this table. Believe it came out for just a short period of time with Kimball piano black top rails. Anyone know if it is possible to buy a set of those rails and put them on a gc III? Would like to know what year they came out and what they go for?

Thanks in advance

Banikane

jdxprs

Banned
ive been researching gc III's the last couple days and i've seen pictures of people remodeling them and a few have had different rails. no idea of it was original but i just assumed they refinished what was already there.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I think those rails would be as rare as 'hens teeth'

The table you are referring to was one of the best looking Gold Crowns made. IMHO The black finish was done by Kimbell. There was I believe another Black version of the GC available too. The Kimbell finished tables were a much better looking version.

I don't know the year those GC's came out but I am thinking in the mid 90's. Tim Scruggs once told me about the players reaction of of the tables at one of the US Open's when they were first used.

Finding one of those tables for sale is as hard as finding the rails. Couldn't guess what it would go for.

Having a hard time find info on this table. Believe it came out for just a short period of time with Kimball piano black top rails. Anyone know if it is possible to buy a set of those rails and put them on a gc III? Would like to know what year they came out and what they go for?

Thanks in advance

Banikane

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a pool room in Philly full of GC's (I'm guessing 3's or possibly 2's) that are shiny black with shiny silver colored metal trim. My favorite GC look by far. They are original, not some custom modificaion.

jdxprs

Banned
1960_custom_gold_crown.jpg

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
I think there's one for sale in the Denver area. Saw it on craigslist ... it's a bit pricey so has been there a while.
kcv

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Gc

the table is called---black high tech model----from the factory......i mean warehouse :)

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Grew up on one. Triangle Billiards in Endicott NY. Table 1!!! Double shimmed and right next to the cash register where the owner could watch. Was the prettiest and choice table to play on. If you played on it you had the whole rail passing judgement on your game. Fantastic pressure!!

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GC 3 piano finish

they are pretty but the chrome castings are awful. The glare is blinding and they are made with a cheaper metal , the mounts break all the time .

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I own one. This pic is not of mine.

Attachments

• 1305843796_205533590_1-Pictures-of--Brunswick-Gold-Crown-Billiard-Pool-Table-Rack-Stool.jpg
    1305843796_205533590_1-Pictures-of--Brunswick-Gold-Crown-Billiard-Pool-Table-Rack-Stool.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,150
  • Brunswick-Gold-Crown.jpg
    Brunswick-Gold-Crown.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,548
Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know where a good number of the original tables from that US Open are. Just got done playing on one of them. Wouldnt want them in the condition they are now though. :sorry:
Chuck

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
I paid about 1300 extra for the black rails with new rubber, from a brunswick dealer. Total was 5000 reconditioned, but that was over 10 years ago.

room.jpg

Last edited:

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a regional tour in queens ny yesterday in a room that carried the gold crown 3 tables with black rails and silver trimmings. Best looking tables I've seen with brunswick, but these black rails had a matte finish.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid about 1300 extra for the black rails with new rubber, from a brunswick dealer. Total was 3800 reconditioned, but that was over 10 years ago.[/IMG]

And that seems to be different from mine...pocket liners on mine are flush with castings.

Mine is a GC4...is yours a 3?