Would USA travel to Australia?

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
The big prize, like a lot of leagues is to travel to Vegas to compete.

Like a lot of things, pool has mirrored poker.

A big inclusion on the poker calendar is the Aussie Millions which draws a lot of people from around the world. A lot of great feedback from players travelling to Australia also.

I know traditionally pool players don’t have money overflowing from their wallets, though with the advantage of the American dollar always being stronger than the Australian dollar, and Sydney being a great travel destination, could a yearly team and singles tournament work? would you and your team mates/ partners be interested in something to plan towards?

I personally don’t know where to start to organise such an event, or who could offer it- maybe contacting the VNEA or BCA that Australia has charters with might work. I just know it would be a great opportunity for Australian players to play some of the best amateur teams from around the world, just like they do in Vegas each year.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Australia is just an over sized island. We can hook up a couple of US aircraft carriers and tow it to the US.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Australia

I have met with several Aussies.

I like your enthusiasm - but not sure this us practical.

Just letting you know that some if us are listening.

Mark griffin

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Thanks Mark. I’ve met you and had a talk in Vegas back in 06.

Australia is open to you. haha.

I guess my thoughts were, a trip to Australia wouldn’t be excessively expensive.

Most leagues have the big prize as a trip to Vegas. Maybe there could be a side prize. In the off season if there is such a thing, teams could head over to represent USA in a team’s event. Australian states could organise teams and travel to compete also.

I know it’s a long shot, but Australia is a very welcoming place. We have decent equipment and I’m sure it could be done.

Vegas will always be there, just looking to add more events to look forward to.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Personally, I have entertained the idea of visiting Australia. Then, when I found out that you guys have 10 of the worlds most deadliest snakes there, I was thinking, NO.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Personally, I have entertained the idea of visiting Australia. Then, when I found out that you guys have 10 of the worlds most deadliest snakes there, I was thinking, NO.

Mate they are deadly. But lazy. You've got to really upset them first.

You'll be right. Can't see you get bitten by a brown snake in the local pool room.

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always wanted to visit Australia but never really thought of it as a pool destination...I always figured I'd try to visit for some outboard river ski racing (some of you Aussies are just F***ing nuts running 100+ mph on a ski behind a boat) and of course the diving out there is world class...I guess if I ever make it out that way I'll be sure to bring my cue's too....

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
i'm speaking to you as a spectator, albeit we both play.

Australia is on my bucket-list. all i need, is an excuse.... i hear it's GORGEOUS. (not to mention Curtis Stone.) i would much rather fly to you, than China or Singapore factories/shows - zero appeal.

yáll's team is coming into Vegas @ MAY, right? WELCOME! we will be there for furniture show & i look forward to buying yáll a Flamingo drink!

but i don't think the US will do Australia - no offense. you're just foreign. and a 20-hr plane ride. talk w/ BFDLAD (Mark Cantrill). he's a promoter. and Aussie.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure I understand the question. Do you the entire USA to travel to Australia? Do you have enough room for all of us? Would we have to share rooms?

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good talk everyone.

Australia is now closed.

:rotflmao1:

Most leagues have the big prize as a trip to Vegas. Maybe there could be a side prize. In the off season if there is such a thing, teams could head over to represent USA in a team’s event. Australian states could organise teams and travel to compete also.

I know it’s a long shot, but Australia is a very welcoming place. We have decent equipment and I’m sure it could be done.

Vegas will always be there, just looking to add more events to look forward to.

I think that's a fantastic idea. Would I be able to apply for political asylum and stay permanently?? :thumbup:

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
i'm speaking to you as a spectator, albeit we both play.

Australia is on my bucket-list. all i need, is an excuse.... i hear it's GORGEOUS. (not to mention Curtis Stone.) i would much rather fly to you, than China or Singapore factories/shows - zero appeal.

yáll's team is coming into Vegas @ MAY, right? WELCOME! we will be there for furniture show & i look forward to buying yáll a Flamingo drink!

but i don't think the US will do Australia - no offense. you're just foreign. and a 20-hr plane ride. talk w/ BFDLAD (Mark Cantrill). he's a promoter. and Aussie.

Thanks again Pink Lady.

Vegas is coming around quickly. Still burning i cant go. The boys are very excited though.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Not sure I understand the question. Do you the entire USA to travel to Australia? Do you have enough room for all of us? Would we have to share rooms?

sorry mate. not sure i understand your question either.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
:rotflmao1:

I think that's a fantastic idea. Would I be able to apply for political asylum and stay permanently?? :thumbup:

Political asylum has been a bit of a touchy subject over the past few years.

Maybe just have a holiday, with the option of leaving. you'll love it.

Attachments

• 700px-Sydney_Harbour_Bridge_night.jpg
    700px-Sydney_Harbour_Bridge_night.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 133
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 136
  • roos.jpg
    roos.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 1517438_571061856311175_1969236573_n.jpg
    1517438_571061856311175_1969236573_n.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 136

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tickets...Apparently you haven't priced a trip to Australia from the the USA recently. You'd be looking at $2K-$3K dead minimum per person. That's not gonna fly. Vegas is way under $1K for most players, no matter where you fly in from within the USA.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I guess my thoughts were, a trip to Australia wouldn’t be excessively expensive.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Gday Scott.

I think it depends on when you book.

Quite the same with Aussies travelling to the states, you have to pick the time to book, when the sales are on.

i did a quick search for flights midway through the year and got $1378 AUD.

That would be $1274 USD and without a sale being advertised.

The aussie players heading over to play in vegas each year are spending around that price on air travel.

I understand its not a trip for everyone, just an option that might work as a prize for a few teams to play for.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Haha, is that a King Brown?

I was just teasin ya. I would love to visit Australia and who knows, I might not leave.

It would probably satisfy the Cowboy in me to fishing and all the other things that I like.

No shortage of wild life thats for sure. I have just never been huge on snakes is all. Where I live, we have ugly little prairie rattlers that the average person will never run across unless you go looking for them. And chances are, they will give you a fair warning before you get close anyway. I just tried not to go hunting where they were.

After the War, my Father told me that he would have liked to move to Australia to work so who knows, a twist of fate and I may have been inviting people over to put a shrimp on the barby, instead of ice fishing. And I used to drink Fosters so sure there wouldn't be any beer conflicts.

A pretty diverse landscape to that is why I said that it would satisfy the cowboy or adventurer in me.

Last edited: