Parda wood

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see several McDermott cues offered with parda wood. Is this like particle wood? Several cues that I've seen look like natural wood not a composite.

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see several McDermott cues offered with parda wood. Is this like particle wood? Several cues that I've seen look like natural wood not a composite.

Why would you think it is like particle wood? I don't have time to reach out to McDermott, but suggest you call to ask them about the wood in their cues. There are a ton of woods out there with generic, non-scientific names, and this tends to muddy the waters.

That said, a quick Google Search yields the following info on Brazilian Brauna Parda (Melanoxylon brauna), culled parda to distinguish it from Brauna Preta, which is nearly black and not such a good timber, is a tawny or grey wood, exceedingly strong, nearly three times as strong transversely as
pitch pine; good for uprights and wall plates of framed houses, stands wet and dry weather, and is much used for timbering in mines. It can be had in logs 60 to 70 ft.
long and up to 40 inches square. A first-class sleeper wood.
Weight about 66 lbs. cubic foot.

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies, I googled parda and was misinformed... so much for Google. It didn't really make sense to me, so again thanks.