Why is AZB seemingly going off the grid....summer?

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As title said,i have logged on several times in the past few weeks and be the ONLY person currently online,or be one of only a few? This used to be the ONLY place to go if pool was your passion.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As title said,i have logged on several times in the past few weeks and be the ONLY person currently online,or be one of only a few? This used to be the ONLY place to go if pool was your passion.
I for one play little pool or follow it during summer. Like to play golf and other stuff. Pool to me is a cool season hobby. A lot of people play golf, fish, do family stuff this time of year.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too hard to upload photos, too many nits, a lot of negative threads and too much chit getting thrown over the fence.

Go to other forums, 1911 Addicts for example, and just explore the forums there. You will see what I am talking about.

The biggest turn off for me is buying and selling cues. It is sad when you buy a cue at a decent price, use it for a while, and have to take less, 20%-30%, to move it. Especially when the price listed is a fair price. Bottom lime, I can't afford to keep taking the loss.

I have not been on FB, but, from what I hear from a fellow pool player, the people there are more likely to buy your cues at the listed price or offer fair trades. He sure seems to come out OK on what he does and he only deals in super high end stuff. Also, the transactions are done in days, not months. Scroll though the W/FS threads here and look at the dates they were listed. How many new listings do you see in a month?

This is STILL the best billiards forum on the internet in my opinion. Some things need to change to compete with FB. We need to get the good members back that make this site great,

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too hard to upload photos, too many nits, a lot of negative threads and too much chit getting thrown over the fence.

Go to other forums, 1911 Addicts for example, and just explore the forums there. You will see what I am talking about.

The biggest turn off for me is buying and selling cues. It is sad when you buy a cue at a decent price, use it for a while, and have to take less, 20%-30%, to move it. Especially when the price listed is a fair price. Bottom lime, I can't afford to keep taking the loss.

I have not been on FB, but, from what I hear from a fellow pool player, the people there are more likely to buy your cues at the listed price or offer fair trades. He sure seems to come out OK on what he does and he only deals in super high end stuff. Also, the transactions are done in days, not months. Scroll though the W/FS threads here and look at the dates they were listed. How many new listings do you see in a month?

This is STILL the best billiards forum on the internet in my opinion. Some things need to change to compete with FB. We need to get the good members back that make this site great,
Regardless of marketplace you're still gonna get beat-up selling used cues. Unless its uber-desirable or a true collector piece used cues depreciate a LOT. FB is just easier to use for most people 'cause they're on it a lot. I check prices fairly often and prices are pretty low on most stuff. Just the nature of the cue market the last few years. Too many cues, not enough buyers.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it won't sell, is it REALLY a fair price?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
In Michigan we have a million other things to do in the summer, in winter we can pretty much just sit inside and post random nonsense all day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I think people's expectation of what their discarded stuff is worth is at times a bit optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

It’s a slow Friday morning in the summer...right now we have 22 members...
...30 or 40 is more normal,,,,have never seen it deserted...even at 4:am

We have 190 viewers that are not members...which is also normal....
...people at the rooms I go to are some of these viewers...they discuss AZ.
Justin Collett said that even if people stopped posting, AZ will still be the billiard Wikipedia.
AZ is researchable and we have a bunch of contributors that are the best.

A friend opened an account for me on FB...I hardly use it...things just sink into obscurity.
....and I don’t really care what somebody had for lunch.....
....well, except for Dean...:)

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, two examples of "fair prices"

JMW 4pt/4veneer, coco point wood and butt sleeve, BEM nose, 5/16/14 SS, two full shafts ivory ferrule, linen wrap, signed and dated, excellent condition, no issues-1700.00

Tascarella 4pt/4veneer Hoppe, straight grain nose, blk/white/blk/white veneers/5/16 x 14 SS, three shafts full, leather wrap, 2700 shipped

I don't think either of these prices are inflated but I guarantee offers of 1200 and 2300 if any.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, two examples of "fair prices"

JMW 4pt/4veneer, coco point wood and butt sleeve, BEM nose, 5/16/14 SS, two full shafts ivory ferrule, linen wrap, signed and dated, excellent condition, no issues-1700.00

Tascarella 4pt/4veneer Hoppe, straight grain nose, blk/white/blk/white veneers/5/16 x 14 SS, three shafts full, leather wrap, 2700 shipped

I don't think either of these prices are inflated but I guarantee offers of 1200 and 2300 if any.

As someone who evaluates collections, everybody over values their stuff, or they know its valuable and exactly why. With technology now, any cue over $600 and your paying for something other than performance. It isn't 1998 anymore.

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Roy's Basement is reminding everyone the work involved to keep the grass cut and weeds removed. It's a losing battle, it just keeps growing back.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I, uhhh...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190713-180822.jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-180822.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 225

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never been on FB. I split my time between here and a MMA forum that I have been a member since 98.

I've picked up some really tips, seen some really good vids on this site. If I ever leave god's country, I'll come to a room near you and see how I do.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never been on FB. I split my time between here and a MMA forum that I have been a member since 98.

I've picked up some really tips, seen some really good vids on this site. If I ever leave god's country, I'll come to a room near you and see how I do.

I will be in Gods country the next three weeks. I will try to go see those diamonds. I’m sure I will end up playing on the gold crowns though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arby's AGAIN ?

That crap is not Roast Beef-nor is Boar's Head. Luckily i have recently found good old fashioned made in-house delicious RB within a mile of my places in NY and Fla. NY better than Fla fairly obviously and way cheaper of all things also..

Prior to these finds within the last 3 years, there were probably 20 years where i couldn't find any excellent RB anywhere close to me.