John Robinson Cues

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Here are two very nice examples of Johns work...

Natural handle...

JV

Attachments

• 1258_fore.jpg
    1258_fore.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 400
  • 1258_wrap.jpg
    1258_wrap.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 1258_butt.jpg
    1258_butt.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 406
  • 1257_fore.jpg
    1257_fore.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 1257_butt.jpg
    1257_butt.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 393

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
He made very nice cues and always nice to talk with. He also made some of the best tip scuffers ever, and I can hook you up with a new one.

Mrcmorr

I wish there was a bigger following for John and his work. Here's one I bought. I wish I had more information about it.

Attachments

• 20200112_220728.jpg
    20200112_220728.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 288

kheinz01

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if Greg uses the PM function either and I just tried, just in case. If anyone is able to get a hold of him, can you please let me know? I've been shooting with my Robinson since 2002 and got to know his dad really well. I'm interested in grabbing another shaft or two if he's still doing it or seeing if I can get information on a joint to make a Revo shaft work.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Robinson was a class act all the way. He never knocked other cuemakers and just did things in his own style. He made some of the most beautiful cues ever and he got some good dollars for them as he should. They've always had good resale value as well.

I've owned a couple of his cues along the way but forgive me but I could never completely wrap my head around the joint pin in the shaft. It never looked quite right to me and I guess I didn't feel secure playing with it. But that's just my anal side showing I guess.

John is one of the guys I miss. He always had a smile on his face and time to chat. Can't beat that in my book!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if Greg uses the PM function either and I just tried, just in case. If anyone is able to get a hold of him, can you please let me know? I've been shooting with my Robinson since 2002 and got to know his dad really well. I'm interested in grabbing another shaft or two if he's still doing it or seeing if I can get information on a joint to make a Revo shaft work.

I hope you get in touch with Greg, but if you don't, what information do you need on his joint?

IMG_20200528_060317.jpg

kheinz01

Hi Michael,
I guess I would be most interested in seeing if anyone has one exposed already. I have a buddy in a machine shop that might be able to mirror it to stick in a different shaft. Worst case scenario, I’m looking to purchase one or two so I can figure it out myself.
Not looking to rip off the Robinsons, too solid a family. I just want to make sure my playing cue will outlive me and see about sticking an OB or Revo on such a great hitting cue.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not looking to rip off the Robinsons, too solid a family. I just want to make sure my playing cue will outlive me and see about sticking an OB or Revo on such a great hitting cue.

I would never. John and I got a long very well. But you do have a point so I'll just keep that info where it belongs.
To Myself.

Reactions: bbb

kheinz01

I would never. John and I got a long very well. But you do have a point so I'll just keep that info where it belongs.
To Myself.
Do you happen to know of a way or anyone that can help to marry a Revo shaft? I’ve got an extra shaft I can pull the joint from now

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you happen to know of a way or anyone that can help to marry a Revo shaft? I’ve got an extra shaft I can pull the joint from now
First option is Mr. Greg Robinson. I don't know anyone including myself who has had any luck getting in touch with him.
2nd. Option
Not an option.
My apologies. I won't give his spec's on his hardware out of respect for John Robinson.

Reactions: bbb