Mods please read

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost every thread regardless of content has to have one of our political idiots spewing
their hatred for someone or something.

It's gotten to the point that I hesitate to read a thread and am spending less and less time on this forum.

Yes I know free speech and all but it's getting out of hand.

I may quit coming here.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost every thread regardless of content has to have one of our political idiots spewing
their hatred for someone or something.

It's gotten to the point that I hesitate to read a thread and am spending less and less time on this forum.

Yes I know free speech and all but it's getting out of hand.

I may quit coming here.

I have been saying this for some time.

Politics and religion have no reason to be discussed on a pool/billiards forum.

NPR used to be normal conversation about things NOT POOL RELATED, with no politics etc allowed.

IMO, it should go back to that, but I would guess the decision to allow it is based on ad revenue/clicks.

Even so, those topics should stay off the main forums at minimum. This includes the funny pic thread that has been ruined.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
In this section, I agree completely.....keep the politics out of it. In NPR, knock yourself out....those offended by the politics are free to not use that particular section of the forum.

jsalazar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This forum needs a political section AND an NPR section. There's no reason for people wanting to read NPR stuff and get stuck with 4 billion threads about politics.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
There's no reason for people wanting to read NPR stuff and get stuck with 4 billion threads about politics.

Are you trying to put our internet political experts/online virologists/news media authorities out of work? Oh for shame. I find their breadth of expertise to be truly astonishing. Not even Einstein can hold a candle to their wisdom and insight.

It's like those snooker players who could win the US-Open one-handed because they have tiny balls. Or pockets. I don't know, but they are on the internet so they must be right. That's why they don't win every year; they're busy teaching us slobs through this, our online classroom.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve actually started reading over there lately. It only proves I’m bored as hell. But anyway, it’s mildly entertaining and even less informative. But I agree all the political crap should stay over there. And if you have an open mind the political cartoons are entertaining in the funny thread even when some folks take it way too serious.

What we really need is a fishing thread but I think I’d be the only one posting.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This forum needs a political section AND an NPR section. There's no reason for people wanting to read NPR stuff and get stuck with 4 billion threads about politics.

Well the Politicial Section should be bounced off Mike Howerton aka AZHousePro, he might just do it.

Another idea would be to start a THREAD, with a Poll. See how that goes. Politics alway come into thing when you start talk place of origin. USA v/s rest of World.

What ever you do some one in 2020 get offended, think the idea of thick skins are gone in the wind of change.

JMHO.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
This is non pool related and should be in NPR. Ha

Absolutely. I think he probably posted it in the wrong forum but if that's the case and he's complaining about NPR about 3/4 of the members post political stuff.
I would guess he is free not to participate or read it. The other option is post something positive. I frequently post other things of interest but there are times political rebuttal is required..

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Honestly, the decision is based on where we are as a country right now and how no conversation can happen “anywhere”, that doesn’t devolve into politics. I would love to see the political bickering go away. This is a billiards forum after all. I just don’t see it happening.

With that being said, it was in the news a few months ago when one of the gaming forums banned all political conversation. I have not checked on how they are doing now, after making that decision.

Let me assure you though, I do not in any way stress over the number of clicks or page views on the site. I glance at the numbers every once in a while, but they do not in any way change my views on the political talk here. If I stress over anything in the numbers, its how much mobile traffic we have, and that the pages don’t look all that nice on mobile.

Every once in a while I see a post like this that implies that I like the political bickering because of page views. I do not, and I’m insulted by the implication.

Mike

IMO, it should go back to that, but I would guess the decision to allow it is based on ad revenue/clicks.

Even so, those topics should stay off the main forums at minimum. This includes the funny pic thread that has been ruined.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Absolutely. I think he probably posted it in the wrong forum but if that's the case and he's complaining about NPR about 3/4 of the members post political stuff.
I would guess he is free not to participate or read it. The other option is post something positive. I frequently post other things of interest but there are times political rebuttal is required..

You have a tough hide. I enjoy reading your thoughts here in the main room, but over in NPR, at times I feel you must be a masochist.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, the decision is based on where we are as a country right now and how no conversation can happen “anywhere”, that doesn’t devolve into politics. I would love to see the political bickering go away. This is a billiards forum after all. I just don’t see it happening.

With that being said, it was in the news a few months ago when one of the gaming forums banned all political conversation. I have not checked on how they are doing now, after making that decision.

Let me assure you though, I do not in any way stress over the number of clicks or page views on the site. I glance at the numbers every once in a while, but they do not in any way change my views on the political talk here. If I stress over anything in the numbers, its how much mobile traffic we have, and that the pages don’t look all that nice on mobile.

Every once in a while I see a post like this that implies that I like the political bickering because of page views. I do not, and I’m insulted by the implication.

Mike

Not saying you like it, or implying it as any kind of greed/move/fault on your part. I was talking more along the lines of it being a possible business/money decision, and I would completely understand if it were.

My apologies Mike, no insult intended.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think by reading most of the thread titles in NPR you can figure out which ones may be political, just like reading news online.

Don't click on the political threads.

jsalazar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the Politicial Section should be bounced off Mike Howerton aka AZHousePro, he might just do it.

Another idea would be to start a THREAD, with a Poll. See how that goes. Politics alway come into thing when you start talk place of origin. USA v/s rest of World.

What ever you do some one in 2020 get offended, think the idea of thick skins are gone in the wind of change.

JMHO.

I have recently sent a PM to Mike regarding something else, depending on the outcome of that I will consider pushing a political forum.

I just think there is WAY too much political stuff that happens outside of NPR and I also think people shy away from this forum because of that. If there was a political forum you could easily have a zero tolerance rule on politics outside that forum while STILL having an NPR forum where others can talk about fishing without having to deal with the political stuff. It really does get tiring and honestly, I've been a member of MANY forums over the last 15 years and I seriously think this place is the worse (other than Pirate4x4 - maybe) when it comes to nastiness between the different political views. If there was a political forum you could simply lock it and only let members in if they agree to the terms of that forum. I truly think that would change the atmosphere around here.

jsalazar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think by reading most of the thread titles in NPR you can figure out which ones may be political, just like reading news online.

Don't click on the political threads.

There are political jabs all over this forum.

EDIT: if there were a political forum and zero tolerance, that goes away.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
You have a tough hide. I enjoy reading your thoughts here in the main room, but over in NPR, at times I feel you must be a masochist.

I appreciate that. Free country even if folks don't agree with one another.