Moving 5x10 tables in Denver into a basement

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Are there any mechanics that still do this? Having problems locating one...Anyone have a name? Starting to despair. I know it is hard but surely someone can do it.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Are there any mechanics that still do this? Having problems locating one...Anyone have a name? Starting to despair. I know it is hard but surely someone can do it.

Need to find someone with an OTLVise.

Try contacting John Palmer, of On The Level Billiards. Maybe he's sold an OTLVise to someone local to you.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables as in more than one table? Is this a pool table or a billiard table? If it’s a billiard table or an antique pool table back when 10 footers were more common, the slate is likely at least 1-1’2 inches thick, which weighs roughly 400 pounds per piece (3-piece) or 300 pounds per piece (4 piece). Not an enviable job if those slates have to go down a flight of stairs!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Tables as in more than one table? Is this a pool table or a billiard table? If it’s a billiard table or an antique pool table back when 10 footers were more common, the slate is likely at least 1-1’2 inches thick, which weighs roughly 400 pounds per piece (3-piece) or 300 pounds per piece (4 piece). Not an enviable job if those slates have to go down a flight of stairs!

My 10' is 2,700 lbs I believe

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I am the OP. I tried Best Quality and Sheridan and a couple of others. Finally found someone after posing this question. I was talking a single table. Thank you all for replying....

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I just watched 14 3C tables carried down a 30 foot stair way. They returned with all new tables with 5 to 6 men with each slate. The work cheap but the travel time will eat u up.
My friend here just put a table om the 4th floor in his apt. He paid about 40 buck to get the table carried up 4 flights, and 90 bucks to put it together. Plays great.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the OP. I tried Best Quality and Sheridan and a couple of others. Finally found someone after posing this question. I was talking a single table. Thank you all for replying....

For future reference, or if things don't work out with whoever you found, you might try Front Range Billiards in Ft. Collins. When the Greeley Sr. Center had a beautiful full sized 3c table with thick slates donated to us if we paid for the takedown, moving, and setup they did it for us. My recollection was that they had to bring it up stairs to get it out of the donor's basement, but I'm not sure.