rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Garage...

49726405907_c8b922510b_c.jpg

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice Rexus. Love the light, turned out great. I was going to try and stain my light to match the new table I was getting. As I really wasn't sure on how the table stain was actually going to look, I decided to just spray it an off black/ charcoal color to be safe, because I wanted to have the light mounted before the table was setup. Glad I went that way, as the table stain was slightly redder than I thought it was going to be. Love seeing these home rooms. I think it would be really neat to take a road trip, when this is all over, to visit people on here, and play a few games on their home tables.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice Rexus. Love the light, turned out great. I was going to try and stain my light to match the new table I was getting. As I really wasn't sure on how the table stain was actually going to look, I decided to just spray it an off black/ charcoal color to be safe, because I wanted to have the light mounted before the table was setup. Glad I went that way, as the table stain was slightly redder than I thought it was going to be. Love seeing these home rooms. I think it would be really neat to take a road trip, when this is all over, to visit people on here, and play a few games on their home tables.

Thank you, sir! You have a very nice setup and I think it would have been tough to stain the light to match the table. Good call on painting it.

I like your road trip idea. Once this COVID-19 stuff settles down, put me on the list of destinations.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are the garage doors, right? Do they still open?

pj
chgo

Yes and yes.

I also did the rigid foam treatment on the south facing wall. The east facing wall was already insulated and covered with plastered plywood by a previous owner. I insulated and drywalled the ceiling. The north wall doesn't get any sun so I didn't insulate it. On a 100 degree day and the AC running it stays a nice 72 degrees in there.

Here's a pic showing the south wall.
49603463506_8781ef3ab1_c.jpg

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rex, it looks great, you have a nice sense of style!

Are those large commercial carpet tiles?

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link. I have some smaller tiles, but they’re showing some wear. The larger ones look good.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

Yes, 24"x24" remnant carpet tiles installed with peel and stick carpet tape.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Traffic...n-Carpet-Tile-10-Tiles-Case-NCVT002/204594243

Rex, tell me something. Does the floor in your garage have a cant to it, for water to run off? I put a table in a garage once (mentioned in Mike Shamos's book "Pool") and had to prop up one end an extra inch or two to make it level.

P.S. Shamos' two books, 'Pool' and 'Shooting Pool' are must haves for any serious pool fan, as are Freddie the Beard's "Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers" and "The Billiard Encyclopedia" by Victor Stein.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rex, tell me something. Does the floor in your garage have a cant to it, for water to run off? I put a table in a garage once (mentioned in Mike Shamos's book "Pool") and had to prop up one end an extra inch or two to make it level.

P.S. Shamos' two books, 'Pool' and 'Shooting Pool' are must haves for any serious pool fan, as are Freddie the Beard's "Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers" and "The Billiard Encyclopedia" by Victor Stein.

Good question, Jay.

There is a slight roll off in the floor but it isn't as extreme as what you are describing.

The only downside is the idiots who poured the slab back in 1930 ran the roll off in the wrong direction. It doesn't flood or anything, just odd it rolls backward and not forward.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question, Jay.

There is a slight roll off in the floor but it isn't as extreme as what you are describing.

The only downside is the idiots who poured the slab back in 1930 ran the roll off in the wrong direction. It doesn't flood or anything, just odd it rolls backward and not forward.

You sure they didn't build the house on the wrong side of the slab?
L
O
L

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My garage has a near 2" drop front to back. My old table had a stack of shims on the low side to keep it level. My GC the mechanic just used the feet to level.

bama boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always lurking, but never post. Thought I would contribute to the forum. Not fancy, but it works for me.

Attachments

• B799DA98-39A2-4E3F-9524-65D552D61911.jpeg
    B799DA98-39A2-4E3F-9524-65D552D61911.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 788
  • 843A4B4F-5612-4FB2-B323-26834704EB55.jpeg
    843A4B4F-5612-4FB2-B323-26834704EB55.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 800
  • AE3B9387-140B-402F-A781-945E28EBFADF.jpeg
    AE3B9387-140B-402F-A781-945E28EBFADF.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 799
  • C0B8DA88-1601-4688-ADD9-CF59E79E730C.jpeg
    C0B8DA88-1601-4688-ADD9-CF59E79E730C.jpeg