Derby

zensartre

Registered
I sent letter today to Diamond. I will not attend again bc'z. how they dealt w/ 14.1, Jewett, Walsh, Marop., et al.:frown:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I sent letter today to Diamond. I will not attend again bc'z. how they dealt w/ 14.1, Jewett, Walsh, Marop., et al.:frown:
There's still a great deal to see at Derby. I think every pool player should go at least once.

The main problem is the venue. The Derby could use three times the space. With all the fields so full, scheduling was too hard.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You know what you like, and if the 14.1 was the only thing you enjoyed at the Derby, you should stay home. Rest assured, Diamond will not be influenced in any way by your notifying them of your displeasure. They just don't have the space to have 5 events (banks one pocket, 9-ball, 10-ball and 14.1) given the field sizes they attract in their three core events.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
There's still a great deal to see at Derby. I think every pool player should go at least once.

The main problem is the venue. The Derby could use three times the space. With all the fields so full, scheduling was too hard.

Had to get that little poly tick piggie correctness post in there didn't ya there semi public bob, I was five min late to my match and was issued a forfeit, Paul mottey was 35 min late and they said he was at hall of fame banquet dinner - he was not. In fact he came in jogging saying there going to let us play the match Danny. Kinda funny how the hall of fame is brought up often when on the subject of corruption.
When crooked ken (referror) came over he was nervous and stuttering as bit as he had isssued me a forfeit the day prior, he just sed' there was a communication error and I could reschedule the match at my convenience? When I asked him about my forfeit the day before - he said "I understand yer frustration but Mottey would be allowed to reschedule". I then stated that it would seem the rules at dcc are not the same for everyone - he then repeated that he understood my frustration and all dat nonsense - what a corrupt joke that aint too funny. I played him anyhue and won the match with ease, then there were over three hundred players left in one pocket and guess who I redrew very next match Mr.Mottey (maybe he knew someone with the hidden computer draw underground gamblin gang and asked them for a rematch). He had the same result as the first time. I doubt i will ever again compete in a hidden computer draw event again. It's kind of a shame - as I have a free entry in the bank pool for life and don't even really care, they play bank the wrong way anyhue it's suppost to be full rack. For the record I do not blame Paul - I put the blame on the promoters of the event. That was my last dcc event, now when I hear the song by Gerry Rafferty - "Can I have my money back" I think of the derby city classic dwellers and laugh at em.It does not surprise me the way they handled the 14.1 promoters (whom are well thought of within the billiards community) my take on it is that the underground gambling community wanted to show their political pull and shut down the finals of the 14.1 - they got er done. The 14.1 challenge was too classy for the dcc underground gambling thugs anyhue.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to get that little poly tick piggie correctness post in there didn't ya there semi public bob, I was five min late to my match and was issued a forfeit, Paul mottey was 35 min late and they said he was at hall of fame banquet dinner - he was not. In fact he came in jogging saying there going to let us play the match Danny. Kinda funny how the hall of fame is brought up often when on the subject of corruption.
When crooked ken (referror) came over he was nervous and stuttering as bit as he had isssued me a forfeit the day prior, he just sed' there was a communication error and I could reschedule the match at my convenience? When I asked him about my forfeit the day before - he said "I understand yer frustration but Mottey would be allowed to reschedule". I then stated that it would seem the rules at dcc are not the same for everyone - he then repeated that he understood my frustration and all dat nonsense - what a corrupt joke that aint too funny. I played him anyhue and won the match with ease, then there were over three hundred players left in one pocket and guess who I redrew very next match Mr.Mottey (maybe he knew someone with the hidden computer draw underground gamblin gang and asked them for a rematch). He had the same result as the first time. I doubt i will ever again compete in a hidden computer draw event again. It's kind of a shame - as I have a free entry in the bank pool for life and don't even really care, they play bank the wrong way anyhue it's suppost to be full rack. For the record I do not blame Paul - I put the blame on the promoters of the event. That was my last dcc event, now when I hear the song by Gerry Rafferty - "Can I have my money back" I think of the derby city classic dwellers and laugh at em.It does not surprise me the way they handled the 14.1 promoters (whom are well thought of within the billiards community) my take on it is that the underground gambling community wanted to show their political pull and shut down the finals of the 14.1 - they got er done. The 14.1 challenge was too classy for the dcc underground gambling thugs anyhue.
"Underground gambling community/thugs"??? You off-the-air or what?? Its simple, well i guess for some maybe; they don't have the time/space for it. Its always been a side-show at DCC. I'd bet that over 90% of the people that go have never watched ANY of the 14.1 Last time i went there were five old guys, two with oxy tanks, watching. Yee-haw. DCC is ALL about the three main events and, yes Virginia, THE GAMBLING. Get a stakehorse and go or quit whining.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
your input is worthless

If u do not believe there is an underground gambling gang that has a huge influence on the hidden computer draw then next time yer there u will look around and find yer the mark. Yer input on this forum is worthless and the way they treated the promoters of the 14.1 challenge was a travesty. I'm sure yer apart of there corrupt venue and do not care to discuss why the forfeit rule is not the same for everyone. Keep living the life of a degenerate gambler - yer rt where u belong with the thugs at dcc garczar.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If u do not believe there is an underground gambling gang that has a huge influence on the hidden computer draw then next time yer there u will look around and find yer the mark. Yer input on this forum is worthless and the way they treated the promoters of the dcc was a travesty. I'm sure yer apart of there corrupt venue and do not care to discuss why the forfeit rule is not the same for everyone. Keep living the life of a degenerate gambler - yer rt where u belong with the thugs at dcc garczar.
WTF???? And i thought you were a strange one back in the Tulsa days. WOW. You start droppin acid or something?? Still lookin in those windows??? Who's the degenerate you freak????

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
You know what you like, and if the 14.1 was the only thing you enjoyed at the Derby, you should stay home. Rest assured, Diamond will not be influenced in any way by your notifying them of your displeasure. They just don't have the space to have 5 events (banks one pocket, 9-ball, 10-ball and 14.1) given the field sizes they attract in their three core events.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Yeah, it was always hard to squeeze it in, Stu. When it was smaller it was easier. The bigger it got, the harder it was.

Maybe I'll see you down there Saturday.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The Derby City Classic should be in Derby City, not Indiana JMHO.

Elizabeth, Indiana is in the Louisville metropolitan area. The New York Jets and New York Giants both play in East Rutherford, NJ, which is in the New York City metropolitan area. The Jets and Giants have their roots in New York and have retained the name, much as the Derby City Classic began in Louisville and retained its name when it relocated.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I agree

It was a better venue in Louisville, more than likely - the under ground gambling crew made a bet that they could stop the finals of the 14.1 - they won. Gamblers do not usually care for 14.1, it involves being a student of the game. Plus it requires super focus and not the typical instant gratification they are used to seein' when betting by the game.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you know where i could get a stakehorse?

i enjoy playing high.I t hasonly been the fear of losing holding me back
gar are you looking for a horse? here i am

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Derby City Classic should be in Derby City, not Indiana JMHO.
It started out in Louisville but outgrew its former location. Greg made the deal with Harrah's/Caesar's across the river. Still same area. NYGiants(& Jets) have played in Jersey for yrs and no one seems to care.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
do you know where i could get a stakehorse?

i enjoy playing high.I t hasonly been the fear of losing holding me back
gar are you looking for a horse? here i am

You can’t just grab a stakehorse outta thin air, Dean....
...you have to build a stable relationship...:cool:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can’t just grab a stakehorse outta thin air, Dean....
...you have to build a stable relationship...:cool:
Like attach himself to a moneybags with this?

CropperCapture[440].png

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
puddle pushers

You're still talking about pool, right? :eek:

puddle pushers vs pocket Billiards Dan - I prefer Pocket Billiards or just Billiards. If there is ever a Straight Pool tour preferably the Ten' table - I will find a financial resource. Also when your at a 'big' tournament - if there are no 3-cushion tables - it's a sign of no class.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
puddle pushers vs pocket Billiards Dan - I prefer Pocket Billiards or just Billiards. If there is ever a Straight Pool tour preferably the Ten' table - I will find a financial resource. Also when your at a 'big' tournament - if there are no 3-cushion tables - it's a sign of no class.

I was at a Hopkins Expo one year and they had a separate room for 3C. When I left the pool area and went into that room it was like going from a bar with beer and monster truck shirts to mimosas and 3 piece suits... or something like that! :smile:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
As a pool player, I really like watching 14.1. It's very methodical and making it look easy requires a lot of skill. However, I can also understand why some folks (as spectators) say that 14.1 and one pocket are unbearable to watch. Similarly, I can understand the decision not to have the 14.1 tourney at DCC.

I suspect that market forces have as much to do with the decision as the gambling gang. But what do I know, I'm a nit.

-td